Bike Berry’s Flash Deals aren’t really a deal after all

Carl Walichnowski

Local time
6:49 PM
55BE5A67-CFA3-4CC5-BBEC-49021F080E25.png 65045B67-3B60-4E25-A7E1-4C9C4BEC18E5.png So I receive email notifications from Bike Berry letting me know what item will be offered at a discount for 24 hours, these offers are called “Daily Flash Deals”. Some of the discounts are actually pretty good. My first purchase was for a combo clutch/brake lever for $8.97 & my second was for a 3 in 1 Brake light/Turn Signal for $6.47, looking at the discount prices I figured both were great deals, boy was I wrong.
So neither transaction went smoothly. The first order got screwed up because despite ordering the item before midnight the system didn’t register the actual time of the purchase, I went ahead and placed the order figuring Customer Service would simply refund my credit card. After calling & explaining what I ultimately ended up with was $6.00 store credit in a form of a gift card.
So with this $6 I figured I’d spend it on the light, I went ahead and tried to place the order but yet again there was another issue. So I now paid $13.50 for the light and have $10.00 in store credit.
Their Customer Service Manager said it is against their policy to retroactively refund a method of payment, what a joke.
So BUYER BEWARE!!

Unless that control has been modified it is just the normal front dereailler control

I had to modify mine to make it one big movement otherwise you have to press it 3 times to get it to full leverage

any store that tries to sell you something "on sale" is just admitting that they are overcharging you at all other times

View attachment 80969 View attachment 80968 So I receive email notifications from Bike Berry letting me know what item will be offered at a discount for 24 hours, these offers are called “Daily Flash Deals”. Some of the discounts are actually pretty good. My first purchase was for a combo clutch/brake lever for $8.97 & my second was for a 3 in 1 Brake light/Turn Signal for $6.47, looking at the discount prices I figured both were great deals, boy was I wrong.
So neither transaction went smoothly. The first order got screwed up because despite ordering the item before midnight the system didn’t register the actual time of the purchase, I went ahead and placed the order figuring Customer Service would simply refund my credit card. After calling & explaining what I ultimately ended up with was $6.00 store credit in a form of a gift card.
So with this $6 I figured I’d spend it on the light, I went ahead and tried to place the order but yet again there was another issue. So I now paid $13.50 for the light and have $10.00 in store credit.
Their Customer Service Manager said it is against their policy to retroactively refund a method of payment, what a joke.
So BUYER BEWARE!!
Sounds like a way for them to keep people's money tied up in their system insuring future sales. I would get my money in parts asap, and tell them to go rub salt in their ass regarding any future purchases.:mad:

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
That's not even a brake and clutch lever! That's a f***ing brake and chainring shifter for shimano systems!

What a joke they expect someone to use their thumb to clutch, and the "release" is simply the toggle that shifts in the other direction. Does a clutch cable end even fit in that lol? Come to mind also you can't even use it like a regular clutch, the 'lock' engages automatically since itsi uses a ratcheting mechanism, you couldn't slip it just engage and disengage, with maybe a sorta midway point in between but nothing left up to feel wgich is what you really need, especially on weak engines that stall if you give too much too fast.

Tried to order something I thought was a deal, but the Shipping was way too much! Told them delete my info as I was blocking them anyway. Don't need their s**t.

I haven't used bikeberry in a few years. They are gasbike quality but with better customer service. Grubee no longer supplies them, that tells you something.

That's not even a brake and clutch lever! That's a f***ing brake and chainring shifter for shimano systems!

What a joke they expect someone to use their thumb to clutch, and the "release" is simply the toggle that shifts in the other direction. Does a clutch cable end even fit in that lol? Come to mind also you can't even use it like a regular clutch, the 'lock' engages automatically since itsi uses a ratcheting mechanism, you couldn't slip it just engage and disengage, with maybe a sorta midway point in between but nothing left up to feel wgich is what you really need, especially on weak engines that stall if you give too much too fast.
I’m going to keep you updated regarding if the thing even works, since I’ve had nothing with issues with the company I’m sure the next problem will be quality.

Back