Sprockets Are hub adapters any good?

Call me first GW. BTW I was looking for some Loctite 638 for nearly an hour today. Seems like many of the autherized dealers had none in stock. Everyone said it was a special order item and that only the 50ml size was listed at $50. WOW! No one I talked to knew anything about the 10ml size. You know the cost will be more than $10 if you find any at all.
I found some on Amazon. I was going to see if i5 would fit in my lathe before I get too crazy. If it will then I'll try that

Call me first GW. BTW I was looking for some Loctite 638 for nearly an hour today. Seems like many of the autherized dealers had none in stock. Everyone said it was a special order item and that only the 50ml size was listed at $50. WOW! No one I talked to knew anything about the 10ml size. You know the cost will be more than $10 if you find any at all.
$50?! $15 on Amazon for thr 50ml.

That's cheaper than most of the 10ml bottles online too lol. 50ml is a ton. You could try one of the lower strength varieties like 609. 609 is a lower temperature rating and slightly less shear strength, but I would imagine will work alright for this application. I went with 638 because I already had a 50ml bottle I bought for work related stuff.

You can also try 660, but be warned that 660 is damn near the closest thing to a chemical weld as you can get. It can be removed by soaking it in paint thinner for a while.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
All you need is an 1/8" roll pin and a 7/64 drill bit, job done. You can pick them up FLAPS.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
All you need is an 1/8" roll pin and a 7/64 drill bit, job done. You can pick them up FLAPS.

I think a grade 8 or higher bolt would hold better. Besides I could also thread and loctite a bolt.

After doing a quick search a 1/4 inch bolt has roughly 1500 lbs shear strength while a roll pin has roughly 4000. Looks like I'll be going with roll pins lol

Back