Sprockets Are hub adapters any good?

When I first got into this motorized bicycle business, the very first thing that jumped out at me was the so-called 'rag joint' was, at best, a very last resort. It just seems like such a slipshod, haphazard way of connecting things, puts MASSIVE sideways torque on parts (spokes) that aren't made to take that sort of constant pull, getting clutch sprocket, chain and gear to line up JUST right is a major headache which also needs CONSTANT readjustment....
In short, get a hub adapter, make SURE it fits nice and snug and keep the rag joint in the back of the shed for a very, very, VERY rainy day......

The only one in town moved locations to a different town. I was gonna try the diesel shop in town, but they are hardly ever open for walk in and they never answer the phone.
Sounds to me like a recipe for opportunity.
Ive always said "fined a niche that nobody fills and fill it 😉

You should have simply told him that this is a job for management to find out why, NOT an employees job when the manager responsible for the premises is on site...You would have been following legal and correct proceedure, and the joke would have now been on him instead of you.

Ps...Hitler also ordered his "employees" to do things as well...Didn't make it legal or correct either...just saying...lol.

Will you also always follow the orders of others no matter what it is simply because you were ordered to???, even if it is wrong to do so or even illegal???
Uh oh anybody else seen that guy in a white coat lol

If it were me I'd invest in a wheel where the sprocket mates to the hub like a brake disc. That's the way M/C's are built. Something like this, 4 stroke friendly.

A good use of rag joint hardware. The backing plates make great spacers. Lol.

Attachments

• RagJointHardware.jpg
    RagJointHardware.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 30
Back