anyone bought this?

To be fair, apples and apples:

UPS shipping to Hawaii must be problematic for just about anything.

Staton FD kits are available, complete with Robin EHO35 engine, throttle cable, throttle lever and a great kill switch for $399 and free shipping

The BMP kits, without an engine are $166.50, including cable, lever, switch and shipping.

The best retail price I've seen on a Robin 35 is around $230 shipped.

BMP now charges shipping for parts.

Changing a roller on a Staton FD has never cost me a penny. I do have a cheap shop press, use it for many things other than MBs, paid $60 at a HF.

Here's that kit for $189.00, which is $32.50 more than the $156.50 BMP:

http://www.staton-inc.com/Details.asp?ProductID=3312

That vendor ships via UPS, which is twice the USPS charges that BMP uses.

Hawaii Ed has a machinist friend, so no need to pay to remove roller and bearings. Most MBers don't have a press or free access.

Last edited by a moderator:
i just put this setup on my 26 inche huffy it works good but it needed to be modified the rail for the adjuster would hit the engine so i needed to move that back 3 inches and the motor mount (only the center hole would work) so i need to drill new holes. Here is my major issue---The engine is so heavy that the stock kickstand barely keeps the thing up any ideas on what to do??

i just put this setup on my 26 inche huffy it works good but it needed to be modified the rail for the adjuster would hit the engine so i needed to move that back 3 inches and the motor mount (only the center hole would work) so i need to drill new holes. Here is my major issue---The engine is so heavy that the stock kickstand barely keeps the thing up any ideas on what to do??

I have this kickstand and it works great!
http://www.amazon.com/Pyramid-Sunlite-Double-Kickstand/dp/B000AO9Z7K

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
All of my MB's have this kickstand!:bowdown:

On my twin-engined monster, the front would "kick" left when parked, even with this stand. By tying both handlebars to the top tube, the bike sat well.:unsure:

This kickstand will also act as a workstand for either front or rear wheels. Stick a foot of two-by-four wood under the stand. You can check/adjust your chain with engine running.:unsure:

Then to raise the front, I strap my dog's leash onto the seat and hang a 35-lb barbell to drop the rear.:unsure:

You can also remove/replace either wheel without laying the bike down! I just installed new Armadillo tires and adjusted my rear cassette in this manner today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I did by that. It was junk. But, the 5 miles it lasted got me interested in F/D so I bought a BMP and mounted the 2-cycle engine from the ebay kit. Very nice handling and powerful engine but loud and typical 2stroke vibration. I have over 300 miles now on that BMP unit after installing a Dax Titan 50. I then built another BMP equipped bike for my daughter w/ the Robin/Subaru EHO35. The 4 cycles are smooth and quiet and get excellent mpg's. Also, after building 7 mb's now I will not build one w/o a front brake and suspension fork. The F/D's won't win any beauty contests but they are simple, lightweight, easy to install and maintain. Most importantly, THEY WORK!

Back