After Market Chain Tensioners -- where ??

sprockets

yeah they are derailer sprokets. the top one just guides it in and keeps the chain from vibrating it doesnt really change the angle at all. The chain pretty much rolls right on top of it. the bottom keeps the tension. :D Only drawback is you either have to drill more holes for tension changes or move the wheel back (which in my case I can do) or T shirt mod.

Hey Jimmy,go up to the top of the page and click search and put in t-shirt.You should see what your looking for. MotoMagz

If you want a tensioner that is easy to make and will not ever take out your spokes try this one. All that is needed is a scrap of 1/8 alum, four elec. clamps, four 1/4x3/4 bolts and nuts. Cut the alum. to fit drill four holes and make a slot.

Attachments

• DSCF0304.jpg
    DSCF0304.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 272
that's one of the best that I have seen

If you want a tensioner that is easy to make and will not ever take out your spokes try this one. All that is needed is a scrap of 1/8 alum, four elec. clamps, four 1/4x3/4 bolts and nuts. Cut the alum. to fit drill four holes and make a slot.

maybe not the best looking -- but for sure

that's one of the best that I have seen
should keep the idler sprocket in a next to perfect position at all times

I don't mean that it's ugly
just more metal added look
which in this case works for the good
stands out more because it's not painted

Grade given from up top the mountain pertaining to this device --- A

ride those THINGS

nice very nice

here's a thread about mine. I'm running this with the stock tensioner just to reduce chain vibration, so far so good.

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=21809

nice very nice
only change that I would make
I perfer to have them mounted on the bottom chain
I think it to be more of the return chain
maybe I am wrong ??
motor cycles always have them on the bottom ??

hope that you don't mind in my book giving yours a --------- B

that's a good grade considering the stock ones get a ------- D

MM

nice very nice
only change that I would make
I perfer to have them mounted on the bottom chain
I think it to be more of the return chain
maybe I am wrong ??
motor cycles always have them on the bottom ??

hope that you don't mind in my book giving yours a --------- B

that's a good grade considering the stock ones get a ------- D

MM

I'm using it right now more as a vibration reducer to keep the chain away from the tire.

If I were running this as the main tensioner I definitely would want it on the bottom. In that case I don't know if the quick release would hold well enough.

Mountainman:
If you had looked at the rest of the bike you will see the whole bike is made of alum. why paint it? If you think its to big you could slim it down.

Back