6.5HP Bicycle Pusher Trailer

Everyone...

First things first, znsaneryder will now be called "insane" for short!

I'm cool with that :devilish: And I definately remember your 6.5HP trailer.

I am using bearings, actually on my 2nd set now of 5/8" radial bearings. The metal sleeves was when it was just new, and they barely lasted a week, lol. The bearings last much longer, but still wear out after a while.

I plan on making a new chassis. The handtruck is STILL holding up, but the frame is taking a beating, and I plan on changing it when I get more money. I just changed tires again and another belt, and it's still doing it's job nicely.

I have since removed the intake air filter cover for riding on dry days and got another new belt, and the HP and torque increase is VERY noticeable. Another reason I really LOVE these Lifan engines, just remove a wingnut and a plastic cover for instant HP upgrade! I just put the cover back on when it's wet.

I love the tall ratio (top speed) I get with my trailer, and the fact you can corner well with it. After riding my friend's 6.5HP tricycle I built for him, I like the trailer better because you can lean on turns. The 6.5HP tricycle is faster :eek: and really fun, but the trailer is more manuverable in comparison.

My trailer only goes about 45MPH max now after my new clutch with a smaller pulley, I need to fix that in my signature. 50+ was a bit too fast to be honest.

I plan on making a much more compact and lighter, better balanced, 1-wheel fat-tire version of the 6.5HP pusher trailer in the future.

Last edited:
This has to be one of the most entertaining threads I have EVER read ZnsaneRyder. I sure hope that it doesn't have a sad ending, In court or the hospital . I to am In the planing stages of a push trailer with a frame and hitch from these guys. I want to put Worksman 20"wheels with hube breaks. Powered by a Lifan 70cc CVT 5.4 HP @ 7,500 RPM. I want to put the engine just bellow the deck right behind the axle for stealth and balance reasons. The push trailer will have a payload of over 300lbs and a top speed that's faster than I want to go. It should get better that 100 mpg. Oh lets not forget the electric start and the 12 volt lighting. It is designed as a delivery vehicle.

Now THAT'S a trailer I'd like to see. Powerful engine too! Keep us posted, that's something that would be excellent for long trips!

My trailer only goes about 45MPH max now after my new clutch with a smaller pulley, 50+ was a bit too fast to be honest.

by the way, HMD = Handtruck of Mass Destruction

45mph with your HMD... 3 days in a hospital and $50,000 in medical bills

vs

50mph with your HMD... 3 1/2 days in a hospital and $55,000 in medical bills

Very wise choice on your part znsaneryder, I know it must of been a tough choice for you, but it will pay itself off!

You know you are quickly becoming a legend here on this forum....

(just messing with you)

I just have to say I found this post today while at work and started reading it.
After reading the post about being slammed on the hood of the cop car for stealing a pressure washer and being on Meth - I lost it. I was laughing so hard I could'nt see. Everyone was coming over to see what was so funny.
You couldn't make this kind of stuff up.
You rock man!

Makes me want to build a motorized trailer that has a ceiling fan mounted on it. Hide the motor and let the fan turn in the wind. Mess with everybody's head.

I just got my bicycle trailer running. The trailer is built from a handtruck, and It's powered by a 6.5HP 196cc Horizontal-Shaft 4-stroke engine.

That's ingenious but I must say it is really funny looking. I LMAO when I looked at the picture. No offense because you did a very good job, but it is hilarious looking. Just think, when you get were you are going, you can take the engine off and help people move stuff! :D

by the way, HMD = Handtruck of Mass Destruction

45mph with your HMD... 3 days in a hospital and $50,000 in medical bills

30mph with my HMD.....slammed into asphalt and sign posts on a curve saving me from going in a creek, and got roadrash and scars and stories to tell and $0 in medical bills and still riding :devilish:

That happened weeks ago, all healed, and it was worth it for the enjoyment of riding my MB.

Last edited:
Makes me want to build a motorized trailer that has a ceiling fan mounted on it. Hide the motor and let the fan turn in the wind. Mess with everybody's head.

THAT made me LOL really hard!!! Thanks for a great laugh!

Makes me want to try it strangely enough....................

It just may go well with my "Graduate of RoadRage Driving Academy" bumper sticker already on my back plate of my trailer.

That's ingenious but I must say it is really funny looking. I LMAO when I looked at the picture. No offense because you did a very good job, but it is hilarious looking. Just think, when you get were you are going, you can take the engine off and help people move stuff! :D

I agree about the funny looking part! It always gets attention due to that.

Today at a gas station, someone made the remark that at first glance to them, I looked like a crackhead towing an air compressor. Man, some folks aren't too bright, much like that cop I guess...........

After it was first operational, I let my brother ride it just to see for myself what it looked like with a rider, I couldn't stop laughing, because it does look odd for sure, and I LIKE THAT!

However, the engine does come off as needed for maintenance, but it will never be used as a regular handtruck.

Back