Digital Fuel Injection for Chinese 2-stroke motorised bicycle engines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to have the cash for this as it has many other bonuses after market cdi but the ability to add an extra magnet to the flywheel might be its own solution to needing more power. HMMM AHHHH TURBO, i know its not really worth it on engines of little displacement but perhaps it would be possible to change fuels easily, adjust induction instead of compression even better decrease induction to wet it up before letting it breathe some nos or even hydrogen. it does however lack oil injection?!

before anyone else says it, concentrate on correct flow through the ports before wasting money on gimmickry!

once again, i compare a morini or denardis to the HT.... have you actually tried RIDING a ktm 50? they are LETHAL, and dont require any of this GIMMICKRY.

yeah, when i get the cash im blowing it on an ecotron system for my pitbike, because that would be worth it... already doing 120km/h on the flats :giggle:

the coil/magneto system fabian started another thread on looks to be the magneto to serve the purpose as a generator.

problem with the existing magneto is that the arms of that steel core of the magneto need to create a continuous loop for the magnetic flux. they just dont work so well when "single ended".

hence when they tried using the existing magneto as a generator, it failed dismally when used with CDI... remember, the original (russian) design was points ignition...

ok. now the word turbo has reared its ugly head, im out of here. some people just have no idea...

Last edited:
Just given you a "thanks" for bringing it to my attention as well.

I may very well have missed it.
Every one of the PC's i've owned has suffered major problems when installed with a "MS Windows" operating system - Ubuntu is now calling!
I've only just recovered from a major system meltdown, where i've lost all of my emails and all of my torrents and all of my downloads - totally gone.

Garbage MS Windows has just lost everything,,, again

i didna want thanks, i just was already aware of that option ;) and drew a really nice map back in the day :giggle: that took about two minutes, including figuring how to use the (MAJORLY EXPENSIVE) software in question...

in fact, i first found the article on fuzzy logic for EFI back in highschool! thats, erm... 15 years ago now... ill do a search now for it...

you are so gunna have a big learning curve with linux, but wait til it just automatically translates all those weird asian sites for you without requiring "packages" that require "startup discs" to be "inserted" and can open excel type files without requiring windows office or similar, etc etc... yup, libre office is free and already on here... oh, and if you dont translate the asian sites, you get to see them just as they do! proper symbols(i know they have a real name, it eludes me), not just boxes with numbers in them like MS does.

oh, sure, it did take me a few WEEKS to work out how to draw simple diagrams as the drawing programs, unlike MSpaint, are overly complex, but hey... dont get me started on how long it took to install a video card and get it to run! just a learning curve is all.

and eagle, the FREE PCB/electronics schematics program...the list goes on and on...

first hit on google...

http://rjhowlett.complexnet.co.uk/papers/2004-2.pdf

but 2004? i read it in 98! oh well.

how to implement/compile simple fuzzy logic with the 33 commands used in pic chips...iunno! all i got up to was make an LED flash :giggle: boolean maths, dividing and multiplying by 3 in binary, etc.... gotta give these digital engineers full credit!

from what I've read there's little or no power advantage with EFI but if its injected into the combustion chamber after the exhaust port is closed then you fix the problem of unburned gasoline going out the exhaust. But then where are the crank bearings going to get their oil?

there's no reason you can't seal off the existing intake ports and put oil directly in the crankcase. it would take a little fab work bit nothing too hard. you'd only have to devise a way to get air in the cylinder and oil to the wrist pin bearing.

from what I've read there's little or no power advantage with EFI but if its injected into the combustion chamber after the exhaust port is closed then you fix the problem of unburned gasoline going out the exhaust. But then where are the crank bearings going to get their oil?

yep, agreed. efi is simply for EFFICIENCY.

and remember that jennings guy again... two strokes are partially COOLED by using excess fuel...running them too lean not only produces less power, but will overheat them....EVERYTHING ELSE BEING CORRECT FOR MAX POWER! which it is not in a standard HT.

yeah, ive read that book, and bells book at least 30 times and keep finding lil bits i skipped previously ;) just like some movies can be watched over and over again. only reason i hang around here is that rewriting the books truly assists with retention and understanding :giggle: (notice im not on other forums simply because i couldnt handle repeating myself that much and i do have a separate life outside!)

butre...putting oil in the crank WOULD lube the wrist pin, just like it does on every splash lubed fourstroke. but.... getting the air in there does pose a serious challenge, unless one uses the diesel method, ie, forced induction, which actually uses more power than the engine would normally produce unassisted. (well ok, it uses more power when trying to achieve BOOST, not simply scavenging. but there is added friction etc.)

only two strokes that allow for this sort of ridiculousness are BIG or are split cylinder singles, that can be timed to have the exhaust port close FIRST, due to there being two cylinders and some serious DESAXE. (google boy, google.)

note that companies like puch gave up on the "twingles" due to the extra complexity and the fact that the tuned exhaust system was vastly superior...and wouldnt work on a twingle...

people, stop being silly and concentrate on PORTS. AIR FLOW. IGNITION. EXHAUSTS. more bang equals more power and seeing as theres a billion and one twostrokes out there that make HT engines look pathetic, stock standard off the shelf... such as a "baby" stihl ms170... only 27 cc but still more power... they pay engineers to redesign them. HT just copied a 1940's design and im surprised they even used schnurle porting, rather than a deflector piston!

oh well, no use casting pearls before swine :giggle:... i got a workshop to go sort out... cant work with all my tools in a bucket!

Turbo said it again sorry. I was only thinking of the ability to change compression/induction they are kinda interchangeable in the the right application. It is just annoying pulling off the head then the jug putting in my copper gasket under the jug putting the head back on with no gasket then the other carb that's jetted for my home-brew fuel it would be awesome if i could do all that with a bit programming and the flick of a switch. I cant be too far off as i got clocked at a whopping 132km/h with some serious tail wind a couple weeks ago and i still had a bit of throttle left just to freaky need some sort of new wheel setup , the cop fortunately thought it was amazing and suggested some sort of kite para-glider sail suit, while telling me that i was 2km/h past loss of licence but it was ok just this once and to keep an eye on my speed.

I have beveled the edge of the piston(Thanks jaguar off your site at dragonfly75.com) a little, sandpaper milled the head(i also have a copper head gasket that keeps everything pretty factory for a reliable ride) and change the exhaust with my copper jug gasket and cleaned up a little i have yet to calculate my ports but it flys i have been to nervous to actually do anything to the ports other than clean up so much of all this could be eliminated with an efi setup like the ectrons and a turbo but i want to make my own

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back