Why wear a helmet?

Yes, you are right retromike3 but I live for many years in a town in Northern NH that had a rehab center for brain injured people. The cost was something like a $100,000 a year per person. Not counting the familys that had to be provided for, the lost wages/productivity.

It's just a way of reducing the cost.

Steve.

I support helmets, but disagree with helmet laws. I think its a good idea to wear them, but please don't do stunts without training and forethought.
(video: ATv rider without helmet, ramps over hatchback car, expecting the struts of the hatch to hold up a rider and ATV for a 6 foot high ramp. )
http://video.yahoo.com/network/100284668?v=6535222&l=3774753

I agree. I am using a bike helmet right now but shopping for a light MC helmet. A bicycle helmet is a minimalist device made to save you from side falls and a possible wheelie back or endo at low speeds. MC helmets (depending on construction) have a way different construction, are made to cover more area (maybe even having a neck brace for a little more help to hold up the weight) and often have a jaw cover (full face).

We should have a thread about helmets for MB's including ATV style, BMX style, and real DOT motorcycle helmets so people can evaluate their needs and save $.

Someone said before: would you wear a bike helmet to play football? You only go about 10 mph.

I don't wear a bicycle helmet.

A lot of people think that because it looks similar, a bicycle helmet is "almost like a motorcycle helmet", and it's not. Not hardly, not even close.

If you're paranoid about your noggin, wear a motorcycle helmet, not any bicycle helmet.
~

Back