Just another horror story of idiots who don't wear helmets !!!

I was belting along without my sunglasses on as it was quite over cast. A wasp hit me right in the eye, of course my eyelid closed trapping the wasp's wing under my eyelid. So I'm trying to paw the thing out of my eye while driving on a winding road. Now it's mad and stinging the daylights out of me, so the only thing I could do was force my eye open and free the nasty thing.
Needless to say I always wear some kind of glasses now.

I was belting along without my sunglasses on as it was quite over cast. A wasp hit me right in the eye, of course my eyelid closed trapping the wasp's wing under my eyelid. So I'm trying to paw the thing out of my eye while driving on a winding road. Now it's mad and stinging the daylights out of me, so the only thing I could do was force my eye open and free the nasty thing.
Needless to say I always wear some kind of glasses now.
ALWAYS wear eye protection no matter what, I will be thinking of your little wasp stinger episode when I go for my next needle injections in my eyeball on the 31st...There is nothing like watching the Dr. with a needle in his hand getting ready to stick a needle in your eye...lol.

I wear polarized sunglasses even on overcast days. Blocks UV as well as haze glare and honestly it's still easy to see. One advantage to being a nearly blind person, I always have glasses on.

An argument for riding goggles over glasses. I had a rock hit me in the eye just under my glasses, and it managed to lift my glasses up and still got me in the eye.

My vision has changed a lot over the last several years. I was near sighted for most of my life and needed glasses for distance, now the opposite is true. I can't see close anymore but distance is much better. I was going to say distance is great but it's not that good either.

It is hard to come up with good eye protection. Too close a fit and they fog up, too loose and stuff can ricochet off your cheeks.

My vision has changed a lot over the last several years. I was near sighted for most of my life and needed glasses for distance, now the opposite is true. I can't see close anymore but distance is much better. I was going to say distance is great but it's not that good either.

It is hard to come up with good eye protection. Too close a fit and they fog up, too loose and stuff can ricochet off your cheeks.
My left eye is near sighted and my right is far sighted. Does this mean I have the best of both worlds? 😆

My left eye is near sighted and my right is far sighted. Does this mean I have the best of both worlds? 😆
No, but if you are like me and have 5 astigmatism corrections between 2 eyes and are near sighted you have the best of no worlds.
I'll trade ya...lol...You can have my eyes and I can have yours...That means your next eyeball injections are do on my appointment day on the 31st at 8:30 am...You will just love it...lol.

Back