Why is my throttle twisting

batmanandjoker

Local time
12:06 PM
I just got a new throttle cable as the old one was twisted and now the new one is starting to as well what do i need to do in order to fix this ?

I just got a new throttle cable as the old one was twisted and now the new one is starting to as well what do i need to do in order to fix this ?
I found a spot to put a self-tapping screw to keep mine from turning.
1000003180.jpg

Because they are cheap and not designed very well. Most throttles have a built in stop, but the throttles a lot of these kits come with either don't, or it's so thin or barely exists at all and is easy to force the throttle past it.

Jerry there basically put a screw in his after he figured out where it needed to be to act as a stop.

Alternative is to simply get a better/different throttle. There are endless options out there for cheap motorcycle throttles on Amazon ranging from 10 to 20 bucks for 7/8" bars that work just as well. This is one example and basically similar to what I now have on my bike after having the same problem. Just need to work out a kill switch/button solution.

Just for fun, if you don't want to deal with having a too-long throttle cable, I use this cable on my bikes. On my current build it is still a tad on the long side, but this is also the shortest bike I have built in terms of seat to bars.

These are 2 slightly shorter cable options that should also work. Without the angled end they would be more appropriate with a throttle similar to This style and the kill switch that comes with that set can be made to work, but the on and off functions would be reversed from how they are labled if I remember correctly.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back