Whizzer Rides - Stories and Pictures

New Generation Whizzer Oil Change,
View attachment 201257View attachment 201258
I change my oil every 100 miles 8oz Whizzer suggests every 200 miles
Easy 5 min oil change
View attachment 201260View attachment 201261
Nice tight fitting bronze washer on the drain bolt for a good seal
View attachment 201262
Whizzer suggests 40w oil, I use 20w/50 M/C oil, but some insist on using 20w/50 oil with zinc. (vintage Whizzer yes)
18 years and over 41K miles I've used them all and as long as ya keep fresh oil in your Whizzer it'll be fine
View attachment 201266

Yamalube 20w/50 because I had a Yamaha and would buy oil by the case
If it's good enough for a big V twin It'll be good enough for a Whizzer
View attachment 201259
I fill up a 8oz juice bottle, and just pour it in
View attachment 201263View attachment 201264
8oz isn't alot of oil, so change it early and keep that oil fresh
I will add my Modern Whizzer oil change tool. As an oil catch that does not leave me with an oily funnel to deal with, I save half gallon milk jugs and cut the bottom off so it will fit between the engine and the frame and under the oil drain plug. I leave the cap on and hold it with the handle so I can easily tip the bike with my other hand and catch the oil in the half jug. It is then an easy task to pour it into my larger oil recycling jug. I borrowed Wrench's pre measure juice bottle, but again, i don't use a funnel to pour it. i save a scrap of the plastic jug and form it into a little "trough" to easily pour from the bottle into the filler neck with no dirty funnel to deal with. Throw the scrap away...

Attachments

• IMG_0344.jpg
    IMG_0344.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0343.jpg
    IMG_0343.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 39
Funnel is easier for me, Funnel drains into a used oil 1 gal jug, It's always ready, I use the funnel for my M/C too and anything else that might require a funnel, Besides every mechanic garage needs a few funnels, :LOL:

Yeah , your funnels will be dirty if ya don't keep them stored properly,

Attachments

• DSCF2735.JPG
    DSCF2735.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF2738.JPG
    DSCF2738.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF3012.JPG
    DSCF3012.JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 25
I will add my Modern Whizzer oil change tool. As an oil catch that does not leave me with an oily funnel to deal with, I save half gallon milk jugs and cut the bottom off so it will fit between the engine and the frame and under the oil drain plug. I leave the cap on and hold it with the handle so I can easily tip the bike with my other hand and catch the oil in the half jug. It is then an easy task to pour it into my larger oil recycling jug. I borrowed Wrench's pre measure juice bottle, but again, i don't use a funnel to pour it. i save a scrap of the plastic jug and form it into a little "trough" to easily pour from the bottle into the filler neck with no dirty funnel to deal with. Throw the scrap away...
I used to do that before I bought some funnels :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I hear what your saying about a dirty funnel
When your done using it, it'll drip oil all over the place

TIP:
When your done using the funnel just put it in a jug and any oil will drip into the jug, Store the jug in a clean spot
Empty the jug when it get's kinda full

Attachments

• DSCF3008.JPG
    DSCF3008.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF3011.JPG
    DSCF3011.JPG
    230.8 KB · Views: 29
Pop bottles do make good funnels. I just stand them up in a old cottage cheese plastic tub. I pour my used oil in a five gallon jug and haul it to the recyclers once and a while with my oil filters and oily rags.

Look at all the uses of that funnel

Engine oil, Trans oil and Primary oil fill on my Harley
DSCF2515.JPGDSCF2990.JPGDSCF2695.JPG
I even got a special funnel to change the oil filter so oil don't get all over my engine
I'll have to admit before I bought the oil filter funnel I used to make one out of a plastic bottle :LOL:
DSCF2569.JPG
Yeah, I take pics of my Harley oil changes & mileage to show the dealer service if I got a warranty claim

Back