Which Kit to buy?

My boygofast motor has worked extremely well, I've put about 100 miles on it so far. The only thing I would change is the clutch lever, when it locks it doesn't lock so that clutch is fully disengaged so you have to hold it to completely disengage the clutch. In my experience its a fairly good quality kit. I've had no problems so far, My kit's on a walmart Kulana Moon Dog cruiser.

I am leaning to the setup from Staton with the Robin Engine and the Nuvinci. I own a Subaru Outback with almost 180k miles on it and it is still a strong running car. So naturally I think the Robin would be a good machine. The CVT also seems like just the ticket to control power and maximize torque and give speed. I am not a small person, and I don't want to get a 50cc and a single gear ratio and not be able to pull my 255lb carcass up a small hill. I plan to use the thing for my daily commute and I want to be able to rely on the motor and powertrain.

Duane,

When I asked you what the diffferences were, you didn't tell me...if you would have simply explained to me SPECIFICALLY what the differences were, I wouldn't have hesitated. I was more than happy to pay more for better quality and your support. The $39 "rush" fee was also a bit silly, too. Maybe you should delay your auctions for 10 days, so you can break the "delay cycle". Powerking does the same thing, and that's why I didn't purchase from him either....however, and here's the part that all of you vendors might learn something from: If it *appears* that you all sell the same thing, but one guy can ship immediately, maybe you should go above and beyond IN WRITING to try to tell the consumer why it's worth the wait. Had I gotten a complete understanding, I most likely would have waited as well as paid more, since spending my hard-earned dollars on getting the best product is important to me (the consumer).

BoyGoFast has basically the same feedback as you on ebay - very good. It looks like the same product, and nobody, even on this forum can be any less than "vague" about who or why one is better than the other.

I have probably spent a good 10 hours reading this forum, and still cannot find a direct answer.

You can see from 2 posts above that I spoke well of you, and before that I told the truth from *my perception as a consumer*. I did not have any intention on making you mad or insulting you, and after reading good stuff about you, and seeing your participation, I will most certainly buy from you in the future.

At this point, I'm feeling pretty badly about my decision of going with BGF...but I STILL DO NOT KNOW WHY, and I can't give him a good reason to return the box unopened, except for the "maybes" stated above. Maybe you can PM me and tell me specifics since apparently you cannot do it publicly? Since I didn't get it before this weekend, I can wait if it's worth the wait.

MODERATORS: This is a very important topic for new people to motorized bikes. I hope you don't censor it. I am very confused, and I'm sure there's a bunch of other guys with the same confusion.

Thanks everyone, and I hope I was clear without making anyone mad or hurt.
Mark

PS. All major credit card companies will support the consumer if the product they bought is broken and does not work in reference to this statement: Due to LOW sale price on eBay auctions ALL SALES ARE FINAL with no warranty AFTER INSTALLATION! This was a concern, and yes, after what I've read in this forum I may end up becoming very disenchanted with BGF, but hopefully I'll be able to spot/feel problems with the motor before I even mount it, and then yes, I'll send it back and pay full price for your kit.
Again, no hard feelings, I hope.

No problem..

I always answer questions when fielded to me. I may not have answered them the way you wanted me to. But you are welcome to buy what ever from whom ever as I am free to sell what ever to whom ever. I can see you bought from bgf. My postulate is that bgf answered your questions since you bought from him, or her. No hard feelings intended. No hard feelings period. I have been doing this for decades. When someone asks for differences, I tell them. If I know what they are. I know nothing about bgf except from what I hear from others and what I see. The one difference is, he offers no warranty after install. So..If you want your Warranty, you better not install it ... I guess... lol. I must say, that is the strangest warranty I have ever heard of. Too funny. .. Again..No hard feelings for sure. I am at a loss to understand where you got that feeling there were any "hard feelings" . But I can tell you this. If you asked me the differences between Dax motors and another motor, I can only tell you this, they are different. And if you had done the research in this forum you are claiming to have done, then that is the axiom. They are different. Very much so. Not only are the motors different, but the service provided is different. At Dax.. We sell service.. And we also sell motors, and many other things as well. Service is first. That means.. The Customer comes first !! Thanks..Enjoy the ride..

Last edited by a moderator:
Dax, I promise the next one's from you. :)

Also - please let me know of any accessories that most people purchase, or you would suggest from your store - I'll order them from you right now to show you no hard feelings, too. :)

Have a good night,
Mark

Dax I'm looking to buy a two stroke to start with. I may go with the 4 stroke kit later, but to get my feet wet I will start with the two stroke. I noticed in your ads on ebay you say your fins are 33% bigger and that you have a roller bearing. I'm assuming that the ebay junk is not you, since most of your auctions have many bids. Probably from people on this forum? Are your engines from a different manufacturer? Made in China? I have no problem with made in China as long as they are quality. I want the best two stroke kit, otherwise I'll just bump up to the 4 stroke kit.
Thanks

Hi All,
So far, so good...Hopefully I'll complete the build tonight, or at the latest tomorrow.
BoyGoFast kit seems complete, excellent packing (box in box) and all parts well wrapped/boxed inside. So fast shipping, good communication...I would recommend, but I haven't left feedback yet - I need to see the motor run first. ;)

The sprocket appears to be true - no wobbles when I spin the tire either horizontally or vertically...maybe .5mm horizontally - really hard to see any wobble, so I'm going to leave it - manual says 1.5mm is acceptable. I also took the time to grind the teeth on the big sprocket a bit as suggested in one of the threads here and the instructions.

I did end up drilling a hole in the front frame for the wide frame mount - but I made sure it was only big enough for the bolt to pass through - I think it will be fine. I had to use 7 washers to space it correctly, and I also used rubber bicycle tubing on the seatpost mount.

I also put a length of rubber tubing under the fuel tank to minimize foaming and to not scratch the bike in case I take the tank off.

Finally - and this is important - since I have a new bike I used masking tape on the frame anywhere I thought the motor or studs could possibly scratch it. I installed right over the masking tape, and just pulled off what was showing after...and the paint job still looks brand-spankin-new.

So I finished everything up last night, but posted a couple of setup questions in regards to the play on the throttle and the "throttle band" being very small... I'm going to leave early today so I can fire her up..

Pix to come shortly...I have to resize them, but I'm doing that now...

Cya,
Mark

Mark

Back