Tubes What to use for rim liner?

GW's Motorized

Local time
3:23 AM
What is a good alternative to rim tape?

I know rim tape is cheap enough, but if I could use something I have I don't see the need to buy some. I Was thinking about using my type 4 military duck tape as a rim liner.

I have always used old tire innertubes as a rim liner if they didn't already come with liners...Do not use tape as the edges on tape harden up and get sharpened edges and will pierce the innertubes.
The tape I have is a cloth tape. I might have some old inner tubes to use, I'll have to look

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yeah, that Harbor Freight Black tape , China black tape will dry out hard and the edge can be sharp as a razor blade
They make they're packaging look like 3M

Made in USA 3M black tape is different. It don't dry out, It stays flexible that's why it's 5x more expensive

Yeah, that Harbor Freight Black tape , China black tape will dry out hard and be sharp as a razor blade
They make they're packaging look like 3M

Made in USA 3M black tape is different. It don't dry out, It stays flexible that's why it's 5x more expensive
I am talking about this. I paid 40 bucks for this roll at a military surplus store in Washington. I think it might leave a bad adhesive residue though.
20231225_224012.jpg

I looked for some old tubes, and I found one, but it smelt horrible, it had some ancient tire slime in it lol. I'll look a bit more in the sunlight tomorrow. I am hoping to get the bike ordered Wednesday or Thursday. Fingers crossed

I am talking about this. I paid 40 bucks for this roll at a military surplus store in Washington. I think it might leave a bad adhesive residue though.
View attachment 204985

I looked for some old tubes, and I found one, but it smelt horrible, it had some ancient tire slime in it lol. I'll look a bit more in the sunlight tomorrow. I am hoping to get the bike ordered Wednesday or Thursday. Fingers crossed
Yeah, that cloth tape is fine it works good as a liner,
Quality duct tape, Gorilla tape can be used to make a tubeless tire, It's good stuff for tubed tire rim liner too

Back