Tuning stock carb

Sorry...my construction tools got stolen...dealing with that right now.
20220619_171614.jpg
image.jpg
20230726_192459.jpg

Ok I enlarged the hole, didn't break it. I have a good friend who is great with motors and motorcycles. With a couple beers after the work, he'll do the more involved processes. He just loves doing this and now he's looking for a Whizzer 😁
Oh yeah, I forgot about the restriction tube insert that can be in the intake port on some of the early WC-1
That's why Rays info about the WC-1 and all Whizzer models is priceless
If you got one of those, that restriction tube needs to be pulled out, You can see it in Ray's pic,
If ya got that Restriction Tube in the intake, let us know and @mason_man will probably have a suggestion of how to pull that out

Also Ray's pics provided good factory info about advancing the cam timing (y)
Sorry...my construction tools got stolen...dealing with that right now. View attachment 195958View attachment 195959View attachment 195960

Keep going Wrench!
Not with the beers!!

Ray
Bummer about your tools,

BTW what about the WC-1 crankcase vent tube, should Timzee disconnect that from the air filter, and just vent the hose up into the atmosphere? All reports I read about the WC-1 say that should be done
Yes, I saw the factory Info in Post#11 Maybe that's best for Timzee along with disconnecting the crankcase vent hose for the air filter

As you know some switch to the NE-5 valve cover with the vent port and vent into the atmosphere or connect the vent hose to a C.A.O.S breather (crankcase air oil separator breather) Big Breather
But don't ya have to drill a hole in the bottom of the WC-1 cyl for the crankcase air oil to escape thru into the valve cavity?

What would you recommend Timzze do with his WC-1 crankcase venting?

As you know the NE-5 would just vent into the atmosphere, then Whizzer finally offered the Big Breather as the solution to oil coming out of the vent hose, Some creative people made their own C.A.O.S. breathers, while others used a breather off a Cushman

Info for @Timzee

Yes, disconnect the host. Newer valve cover would be better. Still needs air/oil separatorr In the valve tappet cavity.
Here's what the Cushman breather looks like.
20220925_155549.jpg
20220925_154250.jpg
20220925_154258.jpg
IMG_3907.JPEG
IMG_3908.JPEG

Just an update. She's running great now. We did most of the suggested fixes. I'm going to try to get lifters checked and changed soon.

I'm still learning the idosyconcies of riding it but it's a hoot!

Back