Tuning stock carb

Timzee

Local time
11:54 PM
I've been trying to ride my 2009 WC1 but I can't get it to idle well. I ride regular motorcycles and use the clutch to come to a stop but she just dies even when I use the throttle to up the revs. I've researched the forums to try to get answers but am confused about the adjustment screws on the carb. Can anyone help me out? I'd really like to ride it regularly but I want to get it running reliably.
Thanks in advance for your help.

I've been trying to ride my 2009 WC1 but I can't get it to idle well. I ride regular motorcycles and use the clutch to come to a stop but she just dies even when I use the throttle to up the revs. I've researched the forums to try to get answers but am confused about the adjustment screws on the carb. Can anyone help me out? I'd really like to ride it regularly but I want to get it running reliably.
Without really seeing your carb it's hard to diagnose, a couple pics of it would be helpful. OR, repost in the Whizzer forum.

yup. I'm not mechanically inclined so it's needs to really spelled out for me o_O. Sorry.
OK...I'm goona go ahead and move this thread over to the Whizzer section of the forums for you so that all the Whizzer guys will actually see it and be able to help you further with this carburetor situation your having...lol.

Here's the carb I'm taking about.

Attachments

• IMG_20230724_134715669.jpg
    IMG_20230724_134715669.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20230724_134647852.jpg
    IMG_20230724_134647852.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 67
Here's the carb I'm taking about.
From looking at the carb and your description says your Whizzer has a got a slip clutch I don't think ya got a 2009 but a 1999 WC-1

Turn up the Idle to 2k rpms that's where the Whizzer engine likes to be
Make sure the belt is disengaged when ya pull the clutch Maybe ya gotta adjust it?
Set the Idel to 2K rpms
Turn air fuel mix screw to get the fastest Idle then reset the Idle to 2K rpms

BTW the idle screw is the one that will raise or lower the carb slide,
The slide is located under the carb cap where the throttle cable goes in

If ya don't have a tachometer then just guess, The engine should not idle like a M/C put, put, put, it should idle faster

Back