Top end

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a seeutek motor 80cc I have a replacement head on that cylinder running a hp carburator like 20$ carb I have a new ignition coming in mail tomorrow it's the bbr master stage 2 cdi . Stock exaust stock everything else so far.....however my plans are to get a sbp expansion chamber exhaust along with reed valve and either replace or port my current piston and sleeve. Also thinking about a 40 tooth instead of 44 like I have now.... now I get about 27 -30 mph. It's a cruising bike got fun and to ride daily I have a simple 26 in beach cruiser frame
Exhaust is trash. Get a mz65, yz85, kx85, or a moped one. They all require modification aside from the mz65 I believe that is bolt on. Reeds is something to really bump performance but not the oz reeds, you want something like the dio reed or case reed (If you get reeds you need a windowed piston). You also want to do porting, the most you should do is remove crusty stuff in the exhaust and match the transfers on the case to the cylinder as well as make the exhaust port as large as you can horizontally, vertically maybe take 1mm off the top of the port and ONLY take stuff off the bottom of the port if there is room to do so ( you don’t want the exhaust port to open past the bottom of the piston and you want it to be level with the top of the piston at BDC. Stock ignition is best unless you get a power spark but that’s something that is a waste of time and money on these bikes. For the carb you can get a Mikuni vm26 or oko 21mm you can look at Roberts website for new engines if you want one and he also has exhausts, Somethings are a little overpriced and sometimes he can take awhile to ship but I hear good stuff about his work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back