Chainsaw Top End compatibility

if I get the phantom top end do I need to add a bushing?
NO, Not a bushing...That was the start of all the original problems with the first Phantoms when they first came out...You need to use a needle bearing, NOT a bushing in these motors.

So quick question I have a yd with a 12mm connecting rod and if I get the phantom top end do I need to add a bushing? If so which one do I need
No keep the needle bearing for the wrist pin. The bushing (I believe) were prone to failure in the v1 and v2 phantoms. Current v3 variants use a needle bearing.

So quick question I have a yd with a 12mm connecting rod and if I get the phantom top end do I need to add a bushing? If so which one do I need
Hey I dont mean to hijack this post but im inerested in the phantom 85 top in on my zeda100 so it will fit? What about the pistons whitch one would I use? Thanks.
Also try and find a phantom 85 that just comes with the cylinder (If that even exists). And instead buy an actual ms460 piston (People suggest buying a Hyway piston). More durable and can save you some money if you can actually find one a cylinder without a piston.

Also try and find a phantom 85 that just comes with the cylinder (If that even exists). And instead buy an actual ms460 piston (People suggest buying a Hyway piston). More durable and can save you some money if you can actually find one a cylinder without a piston.
The phantom actually makes an extra .5hp without a reed.

I'm half tempted to take a used chainsaw and power a bike like that.

If you think about it, you can avoid quality issues and heat issues.

For another time of course, I've already go my hands full at the moment.

I'm half tempted to take a used chainsaw and power a bike like that.

If you think about it, you can avoid quality issues and heat issues.

For another time of course, I've already go my hands full at the moment.
I'm was also super tempted to do something like this too. Same problem, lot of work at school. Plus equipment is an issue too (I actually found out I might be able to use my school's machine shop since I took the required course to access it ms660 in the future maybe lol). But If I was going to do this build I would opt for a ms460 and swap my 40(?)mm crank out for a 38mm since 40mm cranks are too much for the ms460 and it can "bolt right on" if you add m8 to m5 adapters, but for a 660 its actually its stock stroke so idk many options for the future.

The V-2 had the needle valve when it came out, It was the V-1 that had the bushing.
It (V2) actually had a graphene impregnated bushing when it was first released. The needle bearing replaced it after a few months when the engines still kept failing. So the V2 had both styles. That is why I call needle bearing motors V2.1

But If I was going to do this build I would opt for a ms460 and swap my 40(?)mm crank out for a 38mm since 40mm cranks are too much for the ms460 and it can "bolt right on" if you add m8 to m5 adapters, but for a 660 its actually its stock stroke so idk many options for the future.
From a few reports on the V3 I have seen, most of them already seem to come with a 38mm stroke crank. That was one of the changes on the V3 from what I understand. That and the minor shape changes to the ports to reduce ring snag, and a slight relocation of the ring end pins.

Aka, the original design by the man that designed it.

Back