To paint the case or not?

I have fun with painting. Painting is my favorite part of projects. It makes some things go from looking like a pile of parts to a machine
Painting has become my least favorite part of a project. I now live by the coast with no indoor area to paint and there's always some wind outside. It takes so much paint to finish something for it to look like crap lol.

Painting has become my least favorite part of a project. I now live by the coast with no indoor area to paint and there's always some wind outside. It takes so much paint to finish something for it to look like crap lol.
I live in east Oregon (a 20 minute stroll from Idaho) and it's basically a desert put here. I have no issues with painting or moisture.

1704595747594.png

VS
1704595816913.png

The Enfield Interceptor 650 does have a good look to it. I was as close to buying s new blue one as possible. I had the purchase agreement ready to be signed on the dealers desk and backed out. I ended up with a used MT-07 instead.
IMO, it's apples and oranges for the performance of these two bikes but, of the two...I still think the Enfield looks way better.

The black cylinder offset with silver fin edges really stands out. CE...yours looks great!
When we were kids with small Honda bikes, we would #400..#600 sand the cases then use Autosol aluminum polish to finish them. It would take weeks of time and lots of work, but the finished product would be a mirror finish. Highly polished aluminum has a great look to it.

The black cylinder offset with silver fin edges really stands out. CE...yours looks great!
Well thank you kind sir. I appreciate the compliment. Although the polished fins are already dull. I suppose it wouldn't take much to get them looking nice again.

Back