Titanium Wrist Pin

1479416153826-1708881672.jpg
here's a picture of the muffler.
If you got the 6cc head then your compression is too high now which causes the excess heat. You'll have to either dremel out metal from the combustion dome, or dremel away the squish band, or add one or two more head gaskets.
I hate that distributors sell stuff that is incorrect for these engines to unsuspecting buyers. They know what they are doing. malditos
No that's not what it was. It turns out that the head bolts and loosened up again causing vacuum leaks which as you know will heat up the engine even more. But I do have a serious problem with the head bolts loosening up. Are there laundry studs I can get or do you know some other way of preventing this from happening. I should have noticed the difference with the engine was running

Attachments

• 14794162382351934926683.jpg
    14794162382351934926683.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 96
Hey Jaguar help me out here. I got the gt80 engine and replace the head with a Manic Mechanic head. Today I was out riding and the head get so hot that even after detaching the spark plug wire she kept on running I had to pop the clutch to make it stop. I'm using a banana muffler on it and I'm wondering if the restricted air flow from the muffler which has the same size exhaust hole as a stock Muffler can be the problem and maybe I need a pipe with a larger exhaust hole at the end of the pipe to help expel the exhaust. What do you think?
put another head gasket in, or use higher octane fuel. your engine is predetonating.

Where can I find a titanium wrist pin for my motorized bike? I am desperately searching and I can't find it anywhere on the web. Please help.
if you are really adament you need a titanium wrist pin you can get one at most engineering companies , just give them the measurements from normal pin .

put another head gasket in, or use higher octane fuel. your engine is predetonating.

no I figured out what it was. The head bolts become loose and engine I just got so hot that it kept on running. Once I typed up the head bolts the problem stopped. But this issue with the head bolt loosening is getting me a real pain in the butt. Anyone have any good ideas about that how to get the head bolts to stop listening up I appreciate that. This isn't the first time

They usually stay tight with the after market heads. They were probably not tightened properly into the case at the factory. I would pull the head, double nut the studs and make sure they are ran down tight in the case. then re-assemble and torque them to 162 in. lbs.=13.5ft. lbs. That should do it. Glad to here the heating prob. was a simple fix.

no I figured out what it was. The head bolts become loose and engine I just got so hot that it kept on running. Once I typed up the head bolts the problem stopped. But this issue with the head bolt loosening is getting me a real pain in the butt. Anyone have any good ideas about that how to get the head bolts to stop listening up I appreciate that. This isn't the first time

Torque wrench = no problems!

They usually stay tight with the after market heads. They were probably not tightened properly into the case at the factory. I would pull the head, double nut the studs and make sure they are ran down tight in the case. then re-assemble and torque them to 162 in. lbs.=13.5ft. lbs. That should do it. Glad to here the heating prob. was a simple fix.

Yes this is one of the gt80 engines. I swapped out the head for a Manic Mechanic head which actually seemed to smooth out the engine. But again like I said the only problem is that the damn head bolts keep listening. When they do apparently it sucks air through the head gasket which causes the engine to rev High when the clutch is in. And of course because of the vacuum leak the engine overheats and gets so hot that the engine fires on its own without the spark plug being connected to the CDI. Have an HD lightning high performance CDI which is actually proving to be great. I'm thinking about switching back to the original head until I can find maybe longer studs so that I can tighten down the Manic Mechanic head. Also I'm going to get a poo poo Muffler which will probably be allowed more exhausted be expelled then the banana Muffler I do have now.

the studs are coming lose or the nuts ?If you take the head off you can double nut and remove the studs and re set them a little higher if needed just make sure to use a good thread locking compound.

Yes this is one of the gt80 engines. I swapped out the head for a Manic Mechanic head which actually seemed to smooth out the engine. But again like I said the only problem is that the damn head bolts keep listening. When they do apparently it sucks air through the head gasket which causes the engine to rev High when the clutch is in. And of course because of the vacuum leak the engine overheats and gets so hot that the engine fires on its own without the spark plug being connected to the CDI. Have an HD lightning high performance CDI which is actually proving to be great. I'm thinking about switching back to the original head until I can find maybe longer studs so that I can tighten down the Manic Mechanic head. Also I'm going to get a poo poo Muffler which will probably be allowed more exhausted be expelled then the banana Muffler I do have now.
Not sure if this would fit your bike. take a look on ebay. type in motorized bicycle best high performance racing dirt bike pipe. The poo poo pipe will not improve your performance. Waist of money. Stick with the expansion chamber design. It is the best bolt on performance mod especially with a ported reed valve engine.

Back