Tip: How to reduce engine noise.

i used rubber handle bar grips between my engine mounts and rubber peddles from a exercise bike(i have almost 0 vibration now). i put 3 gaskets on my clutch cover to keep the clutch from rubbing(no more scraping noise). and i used pieces of rubber hose between the fins on the top of the head only(it gets rid of that ringing noise). i have a rubber boot hose from a front fork bike shock and aluminum pipe and filter for a air intake silencer. my bike is real quiet now.

I have had pieces of a smog pump belt between the cylinder fins for some time, but did not think of the head fins. The belt was too skinny, so I used pieces vacuum line. That made a bigger difference in noise reduction than the cylinder fins. Thanks for the hint.

found some rubber/foam stuff on the road while I was riding... looks like it is for a garage floor or something. I took it home, cut it into pieces and put it between the fins and it made a HUGE difference. Great mod guys... thanks.

I will vouch for this mod... The "TING" sound is deadened because the fins are not vibrating in harmonics to the RPMs.

I just need to get into the clutch cover to do THAT trick... but i dont want to disassemble my SBP Shift Kit...i JUST got it together :D

Spacers

Home Depot or any hardware store carries hard rubber/plastic grommets or spacers, and thats what Ive been using for a month now. They don't melt and they stay in place just fine.

Back