"They call me the breeze..."

Once again I can't thank everyone enough for all their help with this bike. :DPainting techniques, chain alighnment, springer forks and engine mounting. I had to clean out my PM box twice with all the advice I was given.
I had planned on getting springers before the forks hit the mail box. The head set got lost in the wreck so I ordered a new set wich didn't fit. So the Disney Princess' lost their head:eek: for a good cause and a perfect fit.

The frame made for difficult installation so I welded a front spacer.
I put the CDI up high and ran extra wire then used the heat shrink wire wrap for a clean look. Showing off my Texas pride too. And last but not least please welcome the newest MBc rider Duke.

I know how closely everyone looks at details. The chain is loose the threads on the tensioner are stripped and Dax and Spooky are out for several weeks.

Attachments

• breeze right.JPG
    breeze right.JPG
    180 KB · Views: 1,055
  • breezeleft.JPG
    breezeleft.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 700
  • dukeride 2.JPG
    dukeride 2.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 612
  • headless princess.JPG
    headless princess.JPG
    229.8 KB · Views: 559
  • tank.JPG
    tank.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 532
Last edited by a moderator:
This is at my work. I have to keep it clean, I'm paid to. My garage at home is a disater zone. You can't tell from the pics but the sides of the tools boxes have been dented up by my fork lift driving. Since it's dark and cold, plus I have to cook and help kids with school stuff when I get home and I don't get to ride. I decided to bring my bike to work so I can cruise around the warehouses on my lunch break.

Absolutely Gorgeous!!! love the paint job! very clean bike with alot of detail. nice job:D

jon

front mount

here's a pic of my front mount. It's 3 pieces of 1/4 x 1 inch stock welded together then a hole drilled through for the center bolt and 2 holes for the engine mount bolts. As you can see I welded my mount and used the bolt as well. I'm still learning how to use the welder.

Attachments

• mountweld.jpg
    mountweld.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 205
Last edited by a moderator:
I have been meaning to ask you,
how do you like the springer?
I was thinking of one, but don't want a sloppy handling ride
I have a Jaguar, and I took 2 " off both sides of the handlebars
(it feels much more comfortable), it handles pretty good , but I haven't had much seat time unfortunately
(long story, for another post,soon)

Hey Bill,

I love my forks. Got them from Debbie at bikeworldUSA.com .
I got the bike upto 32 mph yesterday before the cold front hit. Several bridges I cross over have bad transitions where they meet the road. I still give a little tug on the bars before I hit, but the springers take most of it. The major bumps and unexpected pot holes are not so bone jarring anymore. I have not noticed any slop in the ride. I also get compliments everywhere I go.

I like your idea of trimming the handle bars. They do poke me in the abdomen when I'm turning the bike around.
Also keep an eye on you kickstand. Mine almost fell off one day. When I tightened it back up, I had it too far back and it didn't hold the bike up.
I hope that helps a little

Back