Speedometer

I'm not a gym guy by any stretch but I have always wondered why don't they hook those spin bikes up to alternators.
That would become new bragging rights. "I generated 10 kws today, I'm a bucket of chicken.

Darn I may have just given away the next multi million dollar idea.

I'm not a gym guy by any stretch but I have always wondered why don't they hook those spin bikes up to alternators.
That would become new bragging rights. "I generated 10 kws today, I'm a bucket of chicken.

Darn I may have just given away the next multi million dollar idea.
Yep, it's been done, and if you search you can buy one too. or just build one

Pedal operated and hand operated generators

Mine is actually french. It isn't all that bad considering it wasn't even ysed, it was just in a zip lock bag
I've had bad luck with cheap speedos back when I was a kid. Can't imagine the Chinese ones being any better. They would just fall apart on me.

Can't imagine the Chinese ones being any better.
But they're made with genuine Chinesium Darwin, what could possibly go wrong with them???...lol...lol.

sg15SHU.png

Yep, it's been done, and if you search you can buy one too. or just build one

Pedal operated and hand operated generators
Yup I was joking. It illustrates just how difficult it is to generate electricity. You can peddle your guts out and not make much at all.

Put an auto alternator on a bike geared real high and voila, you have juice to power anything 12v. I'd rather watch solar panels make it, just my style.

Put an auto alternator on a bike geared real high and voila, you have juice to power anything 12v. I'd rather watch solar panels make it, just my style.
My bike usually sits under cover when parked at home, so solar isn't the best option for me. Good idea though

Back