Carby Smoke comes out of carb when starting.

Sometimes when I pull the starter, a puff of smoke exits the carb. What is going on?
Did you remove the magnet when you re-installed everything? You probably put it on "backwards" which threw the timing off.

With the piston at TDC the key for the magnet will be facing the 1 O'clock position, and the magnet should be parallel the bottom of the engine case.

Did you remove the magnet when you re-installed everything? You probably put it on "backwards" which threw the timing off.

With the piston at TDC the key for the magnet will be facing the 1 O'clock position, and the magnet should be parallel the bottom of the engine case.

ah. Checked the magneto at TDC, and sure enough the key is way off. But how do I remove the thing though? It’s stuck

Attachments

• IMG_0061.jpeg
    IMG_0061.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 14
ah. Checked the magneto at TDC, and sure enough the key is way off. But how do I remove the thing though? It’s stuck
try to *gently* pry it without nabbing the bearing, if that doesn't work, put the nut back in a few threads, while prying gently, tap the nose with a hammer, gently!

Back