San Jose, CA BAY AREA MB ride

4th Ride

Did you guys go riding?

Yeah we did. A smaller group than I was shooting for, but we had a great time anyway. The other guys got better pics of the fireworks, My camera was set on some kind of delayed flash and couldn't get a good pic with mine. Still waiting for DJ to send me his pics.
Pic 1, My rig. I'm not in it, I was taking the pic. Ocho standing by my shop door.
Pic 2, My crazy friend DJ that thinks EVERY INCH of a bike should be painted,Including the chain. Yeah, CRAZY.
Pic 3, Ocha Ninja and his bike. A 99cc Predator. Kinda hard keeping up with him.
Pic 4, Stopped for burgers, (a man's gotta eat!) And it didn't hurt a bit a cutie was serving it up.
More pics as they come in. Like I said, My camera was garbage for the fireworks. But we were surrounded by them. 6 or 8 .com millionairs were setting them off. It was the best display I've ever seen.
Pic 5, The best my camera could do.
Big Red.

Attachments

• July 4th 2013 009.jpg
    July 4th 2013 009.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 365
  • July 4th 2013 004.jpg
    July 4th 2013 004.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 363
  • July 4th 2013 007.jpg
    July 4th 2013 007.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 377
  • July 4th 2013 021.jpg
    July 4th 2013 021.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 369
  • July 4th 2013 024.jpg
    July 4th 2013 024.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 355
Just got my bike running! So much smoother and better acceleration but 3mph less top speed. More adjustments to come but I'm almost ready for a ride

I'll keep you updated B. We go on a lot of small rides.You may not want to come all the way from S.F. for one of those. But next time we go on a 25 mile or more ride I'll let ya know in advance.
What is your top speed?
Big Red.

I'll keep you updated B. We go on a lot of small rides.You may not want to come all the way from S.F. for one of those. But next time we go on a 25 mile or more ride I'll let ya know in advance.
What is your top speed?
Big Red.

Sounds good. I clocked 29mph with the all-stock skyhawk on flat. After transfer port correcting, port matching, intake extension and Jaguar CDI, acceleration is dramatically improved but top speed was clocked at 26mph. Enlarging jet size is next on todo.

Do you guys ride dirt trails?

Whats up with only 26mph? do you have a 49cc? My bike with all the heavy crap I have on it, Plus my 200lb arse, will hit around 35mph. Of course Ocho Ninja's bike has a 99cc predator on it, so he's hitting around 45mph, Maybe better.
And no, not any trail riding. All of our bikes are set up for the street. Mine is pretty much full dress with side cases, Windscreen, turn signals and pretty much everything a street legal motorcycle would have on it. Trail riding would kill it.
even with a 49cc yer bike should be hitting at least 30mph, and set up right 35 or so. Yeah, I know, The speed limit for MB's in Ca. is 30mph, But I can't ride that slow. I'd get ran over around here.
So get yer bike runnin the best you can and I'll talk to Ocho about a ride. I'll set one up ASAP.
Red.

Been trying to get a ride going B, I'm retired but Ocho has a J.O.B. that keeps getting in the way. I told him to just quit the JOB but I don't think he's gonna do it.LOL.
So how's yer bike doing? What size rear sprocket are ya running on it? AND, What size engine are ya using?
Still working on the ride, just trying to find a time when everyone is available.
Big Red.

Got it back up to 27mph. The only explanation I have for the drop in top speed is I over did the transfer port correction by applying too much JB Weld, or maybe my intake extension is too long(7").
The motors 66cc, I just threw a 41 T sprocket on and I'm figuring out a replacement chain tensioner now as mine is stripped. I took it out to hit up some garage sales last week, tested it up the steepest hill in my neighborhood (SF, pretty steep) and it's been running great. I also bought a 36t sprocket in case you guys don't ride many hills, in that case I'll throw on the 36t for higher topspeed/better mpg. Sunday's and Mondays are my open days, preferably Sunday :)
Saturdays can work too actually if we start early morning, I'd have to leave SJ by 3pm to get to work on time. Like meet at 9:30, ride from 10-2/2:30. Solid 4 hours of riding seems good.

Last edited:
I'm watching, and would also be willing to try a Sunday ride.
I live in Sunnyvale, also new.
I would like to just see some other rides, and discuss/ride together.
I'll keep watching for dates to pop up.

Whats up with all you "PILLARS OF THE COMMUNITY" with JOB'S and stuff? Are there NO rebels left in this world?
Just kidding guys, I'm old and retired is the only reason I don't have a schedule I go by.
Ocho Ninja works at a truck rental place, So Sat. and Sun. are days he HAS to work. BUT, GOOD NEWS. He takes college classes and school will be in session soon. He'll have weekends free then I think.
And we'll be glad to have you along hmbab. Any Sunday yer gonna be out riding around San Jose PM me in advance and we'll hookup Downtown or something. (I'll be the guy on the Motorized that looks a little like my avitar.) I'll buy the coffee.(Or cold drinks.) I'll even show ya my little shop if it's not too dirty and F'd up at the time.
Big Red.

Back