San Jose, CA BAY AREA MB ride

Hey John, Long time no see, how ya doin?
There's a few of us talking about a 4th of july ride. Still trying to decide on a route. We were thinking Alviso. It will probably have fireworks and it has an old ghost town. Never been to the ghost town but the last ride to alviso was OK. Or we could just flood Wendy's or Burger King with a bunch of bikes. Kinda like the car guys do. I don't think I'm up for a 100 mile ride, I'm getting up there. but a 30-40 mile, at the most, ride, I could do. Anyway, would like to hear your input on this.
Big Red.

Hey guys, I'm in SF and I'm building my first motor up right now, would love to join you guys when finished. Id even rent a van if there were a few people near me that would throw in to carpool down there for half a day or whatever. Right now I'm flying solo but hope to meet set some riders in SF soon

Hey guys, I'm in SF and I'm building my first motor up right now, would love to join you guys when finished. Id even rent a van if there were a few people near me that would throw in to carpool down there for half a day or whatever. Right now I'm flying solo but hope to meet set some riders in SF soon

Hey bahramu, Welcome to the forum.
I think once you start riding yer bike around town your gonna run into other motorbikers no problem.
As far as the 4th ride goes, some say they are interested then never get back to me again. The only one for sure is my riding partner Ocho Ninja. Looks like anyone else is just gonna be a last minute thing for them. I think John is interested in a ride, I'm just not sure if he's available on the 4th.
It's probably not gonna be a all day ride anyway, More of a meet and greet with perhaps a smaller ride. We'll see what happens. Anyone left after that might ride to Alviso,(9 miles,) Or just ride to the downtown area to watch the fireworks. NOTHING is set in stone yet. I'm just looking to get something started so it'll be easier to do it a second time, Then a third time. I think if just a few of us can get together it will grow. Anyway, I guess we'll see what happens.
Big Red.

Thanks,
I agree, "a journey of a thousand miles starts with one step". I usually work 2 jobs from 9am-10pm Thursdays but might get off both for the 4th. If I do I will try to meet up with you guys as long as my bike runs reliably. I'll keep you updated, right now my motors in pieces on the garage floor, done with port and manifold optimization, sanded gasket surfaces, polished inside of head and corrected transfer ports with JB Weld. All within 2 weeks of getting my first used MB. Crossing my fingers it fires up.

It's only 2 weeks till the 4th of July bro. If ya get it together in time I'll shoot ya directions. So far it looks like we only got 4 riders lined up, you would make it 5. Me,(Big Red,) Ocho Ninja, Bones and Hutch. There's possibly 1 more, A customer/friend of mine if I can get hold of him. I mostly only see him when his bike is broke.
I hope it all works out and yer engine kicks a$$. Keep me updated.
Big Red.
And John too if he ever gets back to me.

Last edited:
Hey I still haven't got the motor running, my brand new speed carb broke after one test run (one of the 4 metal tongues of the carb throat? broke) now I'm just gonna get a Walbro carb. I still wanna ride with you guys, I'll keep in touch and hopefully be ready for round 2.

Hey I still haven't got the motor running, my brand new speed carb broke after one test run (one of the 4 metal tongues of the carb throat? broke) now I'm just gonna get a Walbro carb. I still wanna ride with you guys, I'll keep in touch and hopefully be ready for round 2.

No worries bro, Their will be other rides. Just stay in touch.
Big Red.

Back