Risky's Ride Revisited- New (original) engine install

Before I had a clue about motorbikes, I bought the gas tank frame from Badberry. I wanted to build my first 2 stroke and get it street legal and plated for Florida Laws. I also bought the Badberry "BBR Tuning" performance "80 / 100cc" engine kit for my soon to be legal bike. Then I read the Florida Statutes on Moped (gas motor bikes) and found out it needed to be 50cc or less. So I shelved the BBR engine and bought a silver streak 50cc motor kit and the rest is history for the Risk's Ride and its fully legal registered Florida Motorbike that reaches 35-40 mph with ease.

I was tired of kicking that BBR kit around my garage and have all three of my Whizzers running pretty well, so I parked them under the sheets for a few weeks to finally install this 2 year old engine in a box that is obviously out of date now performance wise....but none-the-less I now pursue the installation.

More details to come. Pictures: Risky as it is now and a shot of the new engine.

Attachments

• IMG_5032 (1).JPG
    IMG_5032 (1).JPG
    212 KB · Views: 1,840
  • IMG_5054.JPG
    IMG_5054.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 126
If someone wants to get fancy & high tech, they could use a trail tech vapor gauge kit, with the add on dash light kit. Then he could use the trail tech vapor wired thru a relay to control their fans with a set dedicated temperature. When you set your cylinder head temperature warning lights to come on at a certain temperature in the trail tech vapor, you could use them to control the fans thru cylinder head temps.

Yes.. blue wire, don’t use it but I believe it is lower speed. Don’t recall when I tested the first one I got what the blue wire was for…. I have one more stock fan and will report
Blue wire connected to negative runs fan very slow. From the spec sheet it defines the wire as "Frequency"

1695388177557.png

My greater concern will be vibration and 175 degree F temp limit though it is not touching the exhaust it is pretty close.🥲
I think you will be fine on that. Usually them lil fans are balanced good. I dont think temp is a issue either. I believe you will be good to go.

The bike is finally pretty well dialed in. Runs much smoother now that I am running the 32-1 Amsoil after the two gallons of break-in fuel. And I am very happy with the addition of the cooling fan. I am not going to speculate on exact results as I know my laser thermo and where it was pointing during the on and off test was not scientific, but I can say for sure it makes a difference especially when stopped and idling. For the cost of the fan, the solid wiring job and bracket fabrication, well worth it for sure. More air flow can never hurt one of these engines.

Pictures at sunset were a challenge with the lighting but you can get a good idea of what Risky's Ride Revisited after the install of the BT "100cc" version 1 engine looks like Thanks for all the help along the way on this one. It as fun and I am happy with the results. I can put the bike to bed alongside the Whizzers now while I open the woodworking shop this weekend to make a much needed 8 foot tall by 30 inch wide shelving cabinet to put away some of this motorbike parts inventory!

Attachments

• IMG_5543.JPG
    IMG_5543.JPG
    252.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_5542.JPG
    IMG_5542.JPG
    245.4 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_5540.JPG
    IMG_5540.JPG
    249.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG-5535.JPG
    IMG-5535.JPG