Risky's Ride Revisited- New (original) engine install

Before I had a clue about motorbikes, I bought the gas tank frame from Badberry. I wanted to build my first 2 stroke and get it street legal and plated for Florida Laws. I also bought the Badberry "BBR Tuning" performance "80 / 100cc" engine kit for my soon to be legal bike. Then I read the Florida Statutes on Moped (gas motor bikes) and found out it needed to be 50cc or less. So I shelved the BBR engine and bought a silver streak 50cc motor kit and the rest is history for the Risk's Ride and its fully legal registered Florida Motorbike that reaches 35-40 mph with ease.

I was tired of kicking that BBR kit around my garage and have all three of my Whizzers running pretty well, so I parked them under the sheets for a few weeks to finally install this 2 year old engine in a box that is obviously out of date now performance wise....but none-the-less I now pursue the installation.

More details to come. Pictures: Risky as it is now and a shot of the new engine.

Attachments

• IMG_5032 (1).JPG
    IMG_5032 (1).JPG
    212 KB · Views: 1,840
  • IMG_5054.JPG
    IMG_5054.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 126
It's the same as my bt80 electric start, just without the electric start and with a manual clutch.
It's the same as my bt80 electric start, just without the electric start and with a manual clutch.
Of course somehow BB claims my engine is 80cc / 100cc and here is their full BS list of great things:

• BBR Tuning 100cc Motorized Bicycle Engine 3+ HP Engine with one piece cylinder/head
  • 50mm Bore, 40mm Crank Stroke
  • NT Carburetor
  • Angled LD Z8C spark plug (Actually came with an "E" plug.
  • Super magneto
  • Yamaha-style high performance CDI
  • Upgraded allen bolts
  • Balanced crank w/ upgraded bearings
  • Stuffed crank case (thicker crank case around bearings)
  • 40mm Intake Manifold
  • Round exhaust port - 21 mm diameter
  • High wrist pin piston
  • 89mm crank rod
The round exhaust port is what concerns me. I have a SBP expansion exhaust kit that of course has the standard header. And the suppled round header muffler is not going to clear the pedal so I am going to have to modify it significantly.

Before I had a clue about motorbikes, I bought the gas tank frame from Badberry. I wanted to build my first 2 stroke and get it street legal and plated for Florida Laws. I also bought the Badberry "BBR Tuning" performance "80 / 100cc" engine kit for my soon to be legal bike. Then I read the Florida Statures on Moped (gas motor bikes) and found out it needed to be 50cc or less. So I shelved the BBR engine and bought a silver streak 50cc motor kit and the rest is history for the Risk's Ride and its fully legal registered Florida Motorbike that reaches 35-40 mph with ease.

I was tired of kicking that BBR kit around my garage and have all three of my Whizzers running pretty well, so I parked them under the sheets for a few weeks to finally install this 2 year old engine in a box that is obviously out of date now performance wise....but none-the-less I no pursue the installation.

More details to come. Pictures: Risky as it is now and a shot of the new engine.
What rear sprocket are you using with the 50cc engine, flat lander?

Of course somehow BB claims my engine is 80cc / 100cc and here is their full BS list of great things:

• BBR Tuning 100cc Motorized Bicycle Engine 3+ HP Engine with one piece cylinder/head
  • NT Carburetor
  • Super magneto
  • Upgraded allen bolts
  • 40mm Intake Manifold
  • High wrist pin piston
  • 89mm crank rod
The round exhaust port is what concerns me. I have a SBP expansion exhaust kit that of course has the standard header. And the suppled round header muffler is not going to clear the pedal so I am going to have to modify it significantly.
Yeah, exhaust you will need to fabricate. I've heard people have great success with kx65 pipes.

• NT Carburetor
  • Super magneto
  • Upgraded allen bolts
  • 40mm Intake Manifold
  • High wrist pin piston
  • 89mm crank rod
The SBP exhaust I got has a separate flange, so I just reconstructed it to fit my engine. You might have to do the same.

I was looking at the split jog pipe for mine. All I'd have to do is adapt the spring connection to the original header with no muffler

Back