Registering in Washington State?

It will likely be treated as a motorcycle in the State of Washington since Whizzers are over the 50cc limit prescribed by their laws, as 50cc or less would qualify as a moped.

This would mean a motorcycle registration along with a motorcycle endorsement on your drivers license...Last I knew, insurance wasn't required on a moped or motorcycle in Washington State but the laws on that may well have changed...If you have motor vehicle inspections in your state, that would probably be required as well.

I would be making a phone call or visit to your local DMV for further details.

It will likely be treated as a motorcycle in the State of Washington since Whizzers are over the 50cc limit prescribed by their laws, as 50cc or less would qualify as a moped.

This would mean a motorcycle registration along with a motorcycle endorsement on your drivers license...Last I knew, insurance wasn't required on a moped or motorcycle in Washington State but the laws on that may well have changed...If you have motor vehicle inspections in your state, that would probably be required as well.

I would be making a phone call or visit to your local DMV for further details.
Shhhhh, don't let Oregon hear that Washington makes you register these things

I have my M3 endorsement in WA, for all motorcycles and three wheelers.

I will tell anyone who has it, to keep it. They make you do the whole motorcycle course for $150, and charge you up the wazoo if you let it go. Easier to just pay the fee each renewal and not let the endorsement go. Massive trouble if you let it lapse.

FWIW I ride my 66cc which of course looks same as a 50cc, all around my small town and have yet to even once draw the attention of cops. I know they know it has an engine and I run it, but they never bother me.

I think it has more to do with local policing than WA law.

Back