Rear motor mount vibrated out - screws and plastic hung on

noyo

Local time
6:52 AM
My rear motor mount vibrated out. One no ended screw is completely gone. The other no ended screw is hanging on to the plastic lodge by one leg. I've got the carburetor wedged onto the spine of the bike frame and it isn't budging. Got the chain tension perfect. What do? How could I rig the one legged rear mount better while it's hanging on. Should I make a new one or something similar? How?,

My rear motor mount vibrated out. One no ended screw is completely gone. The other no ended screw is hanging on to the plastic lodge by one leg. I've got the carburetor wedged onto the spine of the bike frame and it isn't budging. Got the chain tension perfect. What do? How could I rig the one legged rear mount better while it's hanging on. Should I make a new one or something similar? How?,
Yeah, should probably fix or replace the rear mount,

Show us some pics and maybe a member will have an idea how to save what ya got

It all depends on how badly the threads got screwed up. If they just rattled out and didn't strip the threads you can just replace them. If it's stripped there is a whole different process

Yeah, should probably fix or replace the rear mount,

Show us some pics and maybe a member will have an idea how to save what ya got

Attachments

• 20230913_173515.jpg
    20230913_173515.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 20230913_173537.jpg
    20230913_173537.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 20230913_173552.jpg
    20230913_173552.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 57
It's called a stud. Looks like a 8mm to me. You can replace it with another stud or get a couple 8mm bolts and replace them both.

It's called a stud. Looks like a 8mm to me. You can replace it with another stud or get a couple 8mm bolts and replace them both.
If the threads aren't stripped I have a spare set of studs I could send you @noyo . They came off the phantom 85 I used Allen bolts on the mounts for. PM if you want them

If the threads aren't stripped I have a spare set of studs I could send you @noyo . They came off the phantom 85 I used Allen bolts on the mounts for. PM if you want them
I think they're stripped - went on a 5 mile trip earlier after using red loctite and they came loose. Might try jb weld next. Should i?

Back