Planning my 1st mb project :)

Thanks for your post kiwirider.

I have figured out the whole front mount ordeal with the measurements and what not. After chatting with Jim with SPB he advised me that 1 7/8" to 2" should work fine. I understand since it's an aluminum frame I'm going to need support like in the installation PDF.

The engine is sad waiting for the frount mount :p.
img1026k.jpg

I have attached the control box with the purchase of these screws (guy at Lowe's home improvement store helped me)
img1022s.jpg

img1023i.jpg

I attached the tank to the top of the tank and I have seemed to find a sweet "snug" not tight spot where it can't be moved without a little bit of pressure yet I can still control the rear break. I don't see it falling off anytime soon. :D I will look in to the tank spacers though.

I did figure out the clutch :cool:
img1030j.jpg

I've yet to purchase a replacement chain (broke in an initial run accident :D). Going to purchase http://cgi.ebay.com/HITACHI-41-RIVE...c0.m14&_trkparms=65:15|66:2|39:1|293:1|294:50 unless someone advises against it.

Almost there.... (not much different than the pics in previous posts :p)
img1028h.jpg

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
hey man,
your mb is looking good. congrats. i've got my kit roaring to go but looking for a beach cruiser. ( Its so hard to find one in Adelaide) so im gonna go for a mountian bike like you. im just wondering, what do u have around you exhaust and i have the same back brake system as yours and wondering what are the tank spacers?
sorry for all the noobie questions lol, but cheers man.

hey man,
your mb is looking good. congrats. i've got my kit roaring to go but looking for a beach cruiser. ( Its so hard to find one in Adelaide) so im gonna go for a mountian bike like you. im just wondering, what do u have around you exhaust and i have the same back brake system as yours and wondering what are the tank spacers?
sorry for all the noobie questions lol, but cheers man.
Thanks for the comment. I'm pretty much as knowledgable to MBs as you are :p. Around my exhaust, I assume you're talking about the last picture, thats just the white wire which people say you're not supposed to attach to anything but electricity, it was just sticking out. Most kits have exhaust clamps to have extra support for the exhaust to "connect" to the bottom tubing but my frame if you've read the thread is a bit too big. Tank spacers, I believe are supposed to provide space between the wires and the tank so when you tighten the tank you can still pull the break with no problem. I haven't found a thread talking about them yet because I was able to tighten the tank to a point where its still tight on the frame but not too tight that I can't pull the brake.

Dude,

just like you, I was preparing to install my engine. And the front mount won't fit around the down tube either. So I'm going to purchase that front mount from sick bike as well.

I've got a 1999 Trek 820. And Trek sure loved to have large down tubes around then, for the CroMoly frames.

good luck with your build. I'll post picks of mine as well. Once I get the mount.

-Jav

Dude,

just like you, I was preparing to install my engine. And the front mount won't fit around the down tube either. So I'm going to purchase that front mount from sick bike as well.

I've got a 1999 Trek 820. And Trek sure loved to have large down tubes around then, for the CroMoly frames.

good luck with your build. I'll post picks of mine as well. Once I get the mount.

-Jav
Hope to see pics soon. Hopefully the size you order will fit perfectly :p.

Anyways... as much attention as this thread is getting :rolleyes:, so far on my journey to a completed motored bike:
I ordered a replacement #41 chain off ebay.
I ordered front mount + plug + wire from SBP
Still need to fix throttle :(, its a bit rough
Need to purchase chain breaker for the chain.

I'll keep you guys updated as to when i receive the parts.

it's alive!

chain arrived yesterday and purchased a chain breaker.

i was having a bit of trouble with the chain and the chain breaker from lowes, but i eventually did it.

installed front mount and wire, have yet to install the new spark plug.

I do have one problem though, the throttle will not work at all! Its just locked at full throttle, playing with the throttle while the engine is running does NOTHING. I started the engine with the back wheel off the ground and boy was it smokey. I'm pretty sure its locked on full throttle. I can't get it to work correctly. :(

Stupidly, I rode the bike around the neighborhood with a friend whom was on his pedal bike, for a total of about 45 minutes. I was also using the kill switch to slow down (bad?) a few times. I also had the choke lever as high as possible to try not to go too fast.

I hope I didn't mess up the "break in" period, but I probably did, tis alright :p, I just couldn't wait any longer .

heres a video of me showing my bike, sorry for the darkness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1xLKzcepBs

Suggestions, Advice, Comments, Pie?

Back