Phatmoto A/T 2024 build log.

Thats why I bash on all of them...lol...lol...I'm not biased...lol...They are all as bad as each other and they all over complicate the vehicles they are making.

No one seems capable anymore of putting the KISS on things once they have got something good...Keep It Simple Stupid...Adhering to these wise words also keep things working better and longer rather than complicating the crap out of them.

The same principle applies to our bikes as well...Just saying...lol...lol.
Innovation for the sake of innovation. In order to serve you better we have changed the basic premise and made it much more complex.

Innovation for the sake of innovation. In order to serve you better we have changed the basic premise and made it much more complex.
Instead of giving you an appropriately sized turbo, we offer you two tiny overworked turbo's to coke up your oil.

And that 5 speed automatic that works perfectly fine, we doubled the gears and quadrupled the failure rate.

Nothing has been innovated, just became over engineered.

It is a fine line between improvement and needless added complexity. I love the old Easthope style hit and miss engines for the wonderful simplicity and longevity. On the other end of the spectrum modern fuel injection has really changed the game.

Nothing has been innovated, just became over engineered.

It is a fine line between improvement and needless added complexity. I love the old Easthope style hit and miss engines for the wonderful simplicity and longevity. On the other end of the spectrum modern fuel injection has really changed the game.
Exactly, the main problem is human hubris, the engineers show off their complicated designs for no other reason but to flex their "skill". Some of the worst about this are the Germans (and they used to be about simple elegance)

One must ask before complicating a system " what is the net benefit of all this?" I've scrapped many ideas in my years because the effort and complexity outweighs the reward.

I blame today's education system where they teach kids how to complicate the hell out of everything leaving all parties confused.

Thanks Amazon! same day delivery turned into a 3 day delay for my muffler :(

Oh well, got a new tach and mirrors... well mirror because I broke one.

Very nice sound in person, not too loud and I think the back pressure is perfect.

New tach seems to work, it has a ground wire, measured 5400 in a 3 second pull.

An hour on the build, time to change out the break-in oil.

An hour on the build, time to change out the break-in oil.
OH?, I thought it was time to change out the 4 stroke and go back to a 2 stroke...lol...lol.

You will know your in real danger of going all the way to the Dark Side when you start thinking seriously about E-Bikes though...lol...lol.

OH?, I thought it was time to change out the 4 stroke and go back to a 2 stroke...lol...lol.

You will know your in real danger of going all the way to the Dark Side when you start thinking seriously about E-Bikes though...lol...lol.
I'm considering removing my pedals and slapping a front hub on there!

Back