OK, So What's The Problem?

Clutch cable???

Hey Mountainman, what cable? Isn't this whole post about a slipping auto-clutch?

Mike

Hey Mountainman:

What clutch cable?

I have an AUTOMATIC clutch...haven't you been reading the posts between Quenton, Chris, Mike, and myself?

HAL

helpful hint

Poor mans dremel, If you have a 3/8 ths bolt cut the head off of a 3 or 4 inch bolt cut a two inch slot on one end length wise. Slide the end of a narrow piece of light sandpaper of your choice then wrap in the right direction stick the other end in a drill motor variables may work better. This works like a cylinder hone or I just call them a dingleberry hone. I use this thing all the time at work on bushings and sprocket and such.
I'm just full of useless knowledge I think I'll go on Jepordy.

Dane

Slipping clutch

HAL,

Get yourself some 60 grit Wet-or Dry paper on a sanding block and start laying into the glazed sections until they look like rough new friction material. Reassemble it, warm the engine up, and take-off holding the throttle wide open. It'll slip for a while, maybe a long while, but as it heats up it will start to hook up. Do this a few times and if it doesn't engage satisfactorily, disassemble and repeat the entire procedure, as many times as necessary, until you have contact over the full length of the friction material. When you see full length friction material contact you will be pleased with the clutch function.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing!

Having logged over 1000 miles on my inexpensive Grubbee 49cc 2 stroke, I am amazed at all of the problems the Whizzer owners are having! There's no reason for this to happen!All I have done to my 49cc , besides running quality 2 stroke oil, is remove, clean and grease the bucking bar on a regular basis!-Gearhead222

He must not be reading the section of the website that chronicles the multitude of problems that people have had with those Chinese 2 stroke motors!

P.s. EPIC necro-post here!! :D

Been a member of this forum for 5 years, and I had to post about all of the problems I have NOT had with my Chinese 2 stroke. Personally, I think that many of these problems are due to poor installation. The ONLY mods I have had to do to my ride is replace the intake tube and install a tensioned idler wheel for the bigger chain.
If lillback was more observant, he'd noticed that I passed on a 2006 Whizzer with 35 miles on it, due to all of the POSSIBLE problems it may have according to Quentin. Personal attacks do no one any good on this forum. Open your eyes-Gearhead222

Back