OCC build

Well I'm going to build an OCC I have for my dad. He just ordered the phantom 85 kit, mounts, tires, and a bunch of other stuff. He wants me to build it for him, so here we go. The parts are ordered and on the way. Updates when parts start coming in.
Sounds like a sweet ride! Better keep us updated with pics!

Well I'm going to build an OCC I have for my dad. He just ordered the phantom 85 kit, mounts, tires, and a bunch of other stuff. He wants me to build it for him, so here we go. The parts are ordered and on the way. Updates when parts start coming in.
Don't forget to ask @ImpulseRocket and myself anything and everything when you even take it out of the box till the time your building it etc....At least as far as the motor is concerned, The OCC frame though will be a challenge all by itself...lol...Lets try to get it as right as possible since your building it for your dad...lol.

The very first things though, make sure you flip that bottom end upside down and shake it out onto a piece of white paper to see if there is any metal filings in the crankcase...If there is, there will be more instructions from there...lol.

The second thing will be replacing those red clay looking clutch pads with the black and white ones I am always preaching about...lol.

The third thing will be checking out that the magneto and stator are aligned properly...lol.

The fourth thing will be to eventually get your dad to join the forum, I won't tease him anywhere near as much as I tease you...lol...lol...I would bet he even knows how to read...lol...lol...lol.

Also remember to put the C clip on the carby needle valve in the center position with your elevation being 2000 ft above sea level as these P-85s need to run pig rich along with using 6.4 ounces of conventional 2 stroke oil to one gallon of gas for the first 310 miles during breakin for a 20:1 ratio...Keep in mind these P-85 motors like to 4 stroke alot which is quite normal for them, especially with no load or just maintaining a cruising speed which also helps cooling by sloshing more fuel and oil over the moving parts...It takes a little getting used to with this particular little idocycracy of these motors.

With the 4" fat tire on the rear, I imagine he will need some sort of jackshaft setup or a shift kit setup to help aid in chain alignment. That OCC bike has a good following, soo there is all kinds of aftermarket support.

I am sure I'll have plenty of questions. I don't think my dad will be convinced to replace the clutch pads if they work 🤣 ill have to buy them myself. The chain alignment isn't actually an issue with the offset mount.

With the torque of a P-85 especially with being used on an OCC frame, I can almost guarantee you will smell the burning of the clutch pads almost immediately and will be black and burned out in a matter of days.
Well at least they are cheap and I can order them before it's all put together 😆

I am sure I'll have plenty of questions. I don't think my dad will be convinced to replace the clutch pads if they work 🤣 ill have to buy them myself. The chain alignment isn't actually an issue with the offset mount.
I'm too OCD to have the engine offset in the frame. It would have to be dead center, for me. 😂🤣😂 I know if the engine is centered in the frame, it will make for alot more work.

Back