Noob question, please advise!

Learningeveryday

Local time
5:17 PM
Hello.
First off I'd like to say I'm really grateful this site exists. I figured out almost all of my issues through just looking up posts.
Here is my issue...
When I'm at a stop, especially up hill,after I release the clutch and hit the throttle, I'll get three solid chugs before it "kicks in"... When it's doing the chugging it's hard to pedal, but if I power through it it runs fine. Does this mean I'm running too Rich?
Am I just driving it incorrectly? Do I have to be pedaling and in motion to use the gas?

Why are you buying cylinder heads? Is it broken in?

It sounds like you need a 40 tooth or 38.
I mean a cnc high compression head.ive ordered 2 different versions and neither fit. Now I'm concerned I don't have a yd/100 and am trying to figure out my next move.i had this bike built for me through motoredlife.com ...
I paid for a yd/100 ....
I overpaid apparently..
Now I need to figure out what will fit on whatever it is he sold me...

I mean a cnc high compression head.ive ordered 2 different versions and neither fit. Now I'm concerned I don't have a yd/100 and am trying to figure out my next move.i had this bike built for me through motoredlife.com ...
I paid for a yd/100 ....
I overpaid apparently..
Measure the head studs from side to side, then buy a head with the same measurement.

I paid for a yd/100 ....
I overpaid apparently..
I'd swap a bigger sprocket on the rear. If you engine is overworked at the low end, you won't get good top end performance. A good balanced gear ratio is a good idea. If I were running a mostly stock yd100 I would use between a 36t and 40t. The 36t might still be too few teeth.

I'd swap a bigger sprocket on the rear. If you engine is overworked at the low end, you won't get good top end performance. A good balanced gear ratio is a good idea. If I were running a mostly stock yd100 I would use between a 36t and 40t. The 36t might still be too few teeth.
I use 44 tooth. I tried a 36, but didn't like the take off.

The LD100 looks a lot like a standard "80" engine. The easiest way to tell is by the exhaust flange. LD100's use a socket style exhaust flange like a motorcycle instead of the more traditional flat flange with a gasket.

It could potentially be a Zeda Max 100, which is similar to the LD100 in that it is a 2 piece design and based on a G4/G5 style cylinder, but has a normal CG style exhaust flange.

One thing it is definitely not is a YD100. The top end is completely different.

Back