YD100/LD100/Phantom 85 Crank Case Gasket?

francisjohn

Local time
4:46 AM
I'm working on another saw build, but on a YD100 case (LD100 and Phantom 85 use a YD100 case)

I've been searching for the last hour for them. I can't find them anywhere.

Before someone's help is "buy fel-pro and make one" no thanks. I have no problem making gaskets as I make gaskets for my builds, it's just I would much rather just buy one.

I just went on ebay and searched yd100 base gasket and they came right up
Crank. Case. Gasket. It says it in the title and in the post itself.
I had thought he was looking for the gasket that goes between the crankcase halves
You thought and read correctly my friend. At least you know what a crankcase gasket is.
Oh OK. That's a whole different thing then
No, it's the right thing that is in the title and the description. You don't know what a crank case gasket is, if I wanted a base gasket, I would of said base gasket, most important and as I mentioned in the post, if I searched the internet for a long time, chances are I found base gaskets in that process.
@mark20 could make you some, or you could call the folks at bicycle-engines.com to see if they could send ya some
Hopeful Mark replies, I reached out to bicycle-engines initially and was politely told "if it isn't listed on the website, then we wouldn't have it"

To my knowledge, the crankcase gasket is the toughest, if not the most impossible gasket to find for these bikes of ours.
You're in luck for unasked information

I purchased every single gasket listing that exists. This wasn't intentional, it just happened. Especially considering they're always paired with something (seals, x2 - M14 clutch nuts, clutch parts for some reason?) now, the brown ones you see in listings are NO GOOD and aren't even good to make templates out of. I'm all about busting out some Fel-Pro and going to town, but forget it. They get shipped to you in a zip lock bag and will always come frayed, bent or ripped.

Now, there are a few options for "good gaskets" but this only pertains to 47mm, 48mm and 49mm bore engines.

I have purchased all of these and can speak on how they're shipped.

"ntnmotorcycle" (listing #1) is another subsidiary of CDH just like DONSP1986 is. Those were shipped packaged in cardboard which was great. The BBR ones were shipped in a literal cardboard box. They could of easily of been thrown in an envelope.

The white gaskets are the perfect gaskets both in material (reminds me of fel-pro 3157) and thickness. The brown flimsy ones are too thin, aside from eventually blowing sooner than later, with it being so thin; what will happen is the center of the clutch basket (flower nut and 3 pins) will rub on the clutch cover because each case halve was brought in closer due to such a thin gasket. The stock gasket and these gaskets share alot of similarities in both material and thickness (roughly 1mm)

CDH Gaskets (Photo #1)
BBR Crank Case Gaskets (Photo #2)

In conclusion, find a listing that has the white gaskets in it.

Now, I will resume normal conversation @DAMIEN1307 I was shocked that there weren't any YD100 crank case gaskets. I assumed there must be ones for the P85 as that is on a YD bottom end, and nope, not there either. What about LD100? Nope, not there either.

Attachments

• IMG_20231027_021713287.jpg
    IMG_20231027_021713287.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20231209_0411148762.jpg
    IMG_20231209_0411148762.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 39
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Measure your 100 case and compare it to this GT4 80 case. The 80 might just be the same. Note where I have the caliper set at.

Attachments

• 20231228_081825.jpg
    20231228_081825.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 37
Back