new Dax Titan 4-stroke

I'm sort of surprised you would have gotten complaints from other sponsors concerning this thread... As far as "how far it's gone".. It's a new offering, and so it is bound to generate a certain extra amount of postings; at least in my opinion.. If any other supplier wishes to garner a flood of interest, then maybe they should look to novel pricing, extended warranties, innovative product line and the like... As a complete newb, I certainly have no axe to grind about any company. (as I am fairly clueless as to what is good/average/bad).. Here's hoping this forum and its members always do strive to maintain the air of helpfulness and community that drew me here... mojo

dax is a valued member at MBc because he does contribute. he's a reputable seller because he takes care of his customers. he's also my personal friend. duane is one cool-cat, & none of this has anything to do with his character.

it's forum policy for sellers to refrain from posting pricing and commercial links. i've generously bent the rules in this topic because it is exciting stuff and i can't expect duane to contain himself over this. but, it's always best if the consumer does the "selling" because this is a consumer's board.

and, when i have to perform an admin duty, why does it then have to turn the topic into a policy debate? would it be ok if i didn't have to spend so much of my time justifying my work? my opinion is that you're too new here to be making judgements about our operations, or speak of the various relationships amongst members & staff...i think you should just stick to enjoying the fruits of our labor for a while as you also become a seasoned member of the community :)

it's like: y'all love it here, but some don't give much credit as to why :rolleyes:

when is the new Dax Titan 4-stroke coming out I thought it was suppose to be done ,and for sale by christmas well that has passed. What is the new date? Also why only a 30 day warranty. Does everything fall apart at day 31 like the other kits

Last edited by a moderator:
duane had a setback with the first tooler he dealt with, & had to search out another shop. good thing, tho, because some major improvements were made during that delay.

day 31 what?

Bert. A 1 year warranty is offered for the Titan as posted. Also.. Please tell us what kit or kits you have that have fallen apart at day 31.. I would like to know. Also.. There will be a limited number of Titans for sale in the next 2-3 weeks. Thanks.....

Bert.. Here is.......

Bert.. Here is an Email I got 2 days ago... I have a lot of these .. But this is the most recent..

Dear Duane, We have told hundreds of people about your company as we traveled thousands of miles on your little engines. They are the wave of the future and we will open a Motorized Bike shop in Nevada next year. Thanks again for being a real nice person. May all your wishes come true, You made ours.... Sincerely Your SalesMen, The Harris Bro's.

So.. Bert... I guess these folks really rack up 1000's of miles.. And.. Bert.. I guess they did 1000's of miles in less than 31 days.. Just a postulate on my part. Bert.. If you get the feeling I take offense to someone like you accusing my company of selling anything that falls apart the day after the warranty expires.. Then.. You are correct.. I am offended. and.. You are also wrong and your comment is unfair not only to me but other good companies that sell engines as well.. Bert.. What you said is unfair, unjust, and uncalled for. Yes.. I am offended by your remark Bert. You can choose to buy what you want from whom ever you want. I back what I sell and I take care of my Customers.. Sincerely.. Duane at DAX

Interesting post Hot70. I have ported all of the happy time engines I have, and there is room to do some more but what is the point, I think approaching 40 MPH is enough. All my engines are bushing and they all have a lot of miles on them, none of mine have failed, and I ride with Whizzers. In the hills happy will run away from the Whizzes. Don't include me in your rantings, there is something you are doing wrong. If I were to abuse my bikes I think I could bust the engine in about a day, but if you listen and have a feeling for the little (happy time engine) YOU can make it go a long time. What do you think 199.00 will buy? I worked for Honda for too many years to mention I had a lot of customers that could break a machine that no one else could, you have to get a feeling for the Machine. Hope you can have some fun, Dave
PS: I did a little math and it looks like just during the official years at Honda I worked on over 10,400 motorcycles, that does no include all the race bikes and the customs. And I still go over to So. Bay moto, and help. Still counting.

Back