new Dax Titan 4-stroke

this might be a dumb question but can you peddle start or do you have to pull start. my house is on a hill and i just roll down and release the clutch on my 2 stoke and off i go. and yes i am lazy lol

You cannot pop start an engine with a centrifugal clutch. The clutch is attached to the engine drive shaft in such a way that it will not engage your primary drive gear until it is spinning fast enough for the centrifugal force to push the clutch pads outward. So no matter how fast you are pedaling, the clutch will not be spinning so it won't turn the engine over. It's kind of like trying to pop start an automatic automobile. Just doesn't work. If you have a centrifugal clutch you have to pull start it(or maybe electric start if you have a real fancy set up).

Wavygravy, those are 2 stroke engines based on it mentioning fuel mixture. Dax's is a 4 stroke that won't require any oil in the fuel.

titan!

i know alister! im goin crazy with anticipation awaiting what hopes to be a superior product, especially the frame mount kit! i just thought id stir the pot while waiting:p id pay big bucks for something smooth, speedy, & reliable! go dax go!! the proofs in the pudding! pull this off & youll be king!!:cool:

By the sounds of it the frame mount is going to be ages away(boo hoo)......the rear mount has priority and that seems to have it's own production difficulties.
With Christmas coming up i think the original time frame is going to get even further behind.
I'm afraid were all in the same boat as in hanging out for concrete news..........Go Dax.

All I Want for (before) Christmas is a Titan

Duane, how about some still Titan photos to get me by until after Christmas?

Dr. J.

Well.. This is the latest

Here is the deal. I have several working models. All use the same Certified principle with some variations. The original working model I thought was going to be submitted to manufacturing and they would improve on it and make it for me at a reasonable cost. But as I have found out, or.... Finding out is that they are not ... How you say... umm.... not adaptive? Resourceful ? So.. Here is what I am doing. Right now I have 3 working models, I will eventually work down to the best 2 adaptations or refinements. I will send both of them to Augi for real world test and evaluation. One is a fixed design that needs chain tensioner. The other is fully adjustable and needs no chain tensioner or idler pulley. I hope to have this done and finished by the end of next week. What I am having to do is actually fabricate all the pieces using my limited tools. I have thousands of dollars worth of tools, but still.. I am no machine shop. But.. Having worked in machine shops over the years, I know what limits I must deal with and what makes cost more or less in a design. The idea is to make this a quality kit and affordable, very affordable for everyone. I am coming down to 2 revs that I feel both should be easy to produce and inexpensive. So.. Hang in there you guys and gals. It is happening as we type. I am taking a break now to update everyone. I have been working till 3 and 4 in the morning building and testing and making mods. Almost there. By the end of next week I will have it done.. Things are going well. The only problem I am having now is keeping it light weight and stiff. No flex. Any flex causes bounce in acceleration at certain loads at certain rpms. Resonance is the engineering term. Natural frequency. Maybe I am being too picky.. Most would not notice this and would have a blast. My first design was over built, heavy, very stiff, and no resonance at any RPM. I am learning that I will have to 3/4 box the rear or go with T6 alloy with steel angle strap to cancel this resonance. Again.. Maybe I am being too picky.. forgive me. At any rate, the past 2 days has yielded many many simple improvements to design.. ok.. I am long on wind here. Updates to come soon. Again..Hang in there. This so far has been very expensive and time consuming for me. It will pay off for everyone.. Thanks again.. Sincerely.. Duane at thatsdax.com

So, are we looking at Spring 2008? With all these extra problems you've encountered, will it be reflected in the final price?

You can do it!

Looks like all we can do for now is cheer and support Dax. It's men like him that help elevate our growing community of motorized bike users. You got my my thoughts and prayers Dax. Can't wait to buy one...and get some sleep.;)

ok thats y duwanye was grumpy when i called him lol, hed been working on that new motor , thats a goodenogh reason, but has anyone thought about the valves neding adjustment freaqently due to the hi rpm usage andi see its not a wet cluch application this is cool because u can run oil that have friction modifiers and not any cluch slippage of coase synthetic oil after breakin.

Back