My new E Trike has arrived ! Finally someone made a trike with most of the goodies I wanted.

The trike features a 750 watt rear mounted hub motor with Shimano 7 speed gears and derailer, rear differential, disc brakes on all 3 wheels, 5 level pedal assist, lights, throttle and cargo baskets for my fishing gear. 20 ah battery, 22 mph top speed and 4" fat tires. Fast enough for me for right now.
That looks & sounds good. But the draw back on all E powered machines is the distance, at top or a decent, speed between charges. Have you tested how far you can go..? I built two E-Trikes (on a Schwinn Meridian) before I opted for a 4-stroke Honda gas engine. 200 mpg @ 22-25 mph. I've since put whitewalls all around.

Attachments

• IMG_20230511_184525698.jpg
    IMG_20230511_184525698.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20230516_164938975_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20230516_164938975_HDR~2.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 34
I sit high enough on the trike that I should be seen. I have a florescent green reflective construction safety vest I plan on wearing and the trike has lights including stop light. I plan on adding blinkers and other additional lighting. At 62 I don't consider myself and old geezer yet, but after 38 years working in the building trades and two knee replacements, my bod is shot and while I could still handle a two wheeler, I love the stability and cargo room a trike has. It came with a 48 volt, 20 ah battery that should have a long range. Time will tell when I take it through its paces. It looks like a week of rain is coming so it might be awhile.
The higher you sit increases instability on corners. Make sure you lean the SAME way you're turning.

Currently fitted Whitewall 4" Fat mud/snow tires on the rear (on 1.5" rims) - they act like suspension, & flatten out all the bad road stuff.

Attachments

• 32 GT 1gal tank added.jpg
    32 GT 1gal tank added.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 34
The higher you sit increases instability on corners. Make sure you lean the SAME way you're turning.
I already own a Schwinn meridian with a gas Honda gx35 motor kit by Staton, inc. It has served me well. I wanted electric this time around and so far I like it. I know all about leaning on corners. The new trike has a differential that provides awesome traction to both rear wheels.

Same as me: Schwinn Meridian & STATON GX35 Honda KIT. Also heavily customized: extra crossbar for stability; Triple Tree disc forks; chromed disc f/wheel; Lowrider solid 5/8" rear axle & 72 spoke chromed wheels; 1gal gas tank; rear 'bed' fashioned from 6' x 2" square alum tubing, with 12" cargo extension.
I also 'build' & customize 2-wheelers, & have four personal ones.

I was just looking at a couple different e-trikes for my mom and step dad who wanted something stable to scoot around the camp grounds with.

I can't help but look at that rear end and imagine a giant flat battery pack for a long range and/or higher power lol.

Check this guy out for sweet deals on batteries ;)

Check this guy out for sweet deals on batteries ;)

I build my own packs for other projects. Wouldn't be too hard to make one for a trike.

Same as me: Schwinn Meridian & STATON GX35 Honda KIT. Also heavily customized: extra crossbar for stability; Triple Tree disc forks; chromed disc f/wheel; Lowrider solid 5/8" rear axle & 72 spoke chromed wheels; 1gal gas tank; rear 'bed' fashioned from 6' x 2" square alum tubing, with 12" cargo extension.
I also 'build' & customize 2-wheelers, & have four personal ones.
Here is my Schwinn Meridian trike (currently for sale on this website)updated with custom bed, full length 17 mm rear axle sold by Husky bicycles along with heavy duty dual wall alloy rims with 12 g spokes and universal hollow wheel hubs. Staton inc. Honda gx35 kit. 26 mph.

Back