Just dropped the hammer on this one. KKBikes K26S

Also for anyone considering this bike, it is HUGE. I am 5' 10" and with the seat at its lowest I am on my tippy toes to keep from whistling the nutcracker.

I was looking at the photos of the bars to see if the throttle could be moved to the right side. Without being able to actually try you can't tell from the photos if the cable(s) would have the length to reroute.

Thanks for the video.

Now I'm gonna have to take a much closer look. That bike has all the stuff I find appealing....starting with those big fat tires and both wheel suspension.

This KKBike is quite similar to the RadRover bike Wrench rides. Wrench's bike has the rack and saddle bags for carrying stuff. If you venture off to desolate areas those bags are necessary to carry the tools to repair flats and extra stuff like a spare battery.
I prefer the look of the KKBike but the RadRover is actually way more practical with the ability to carry necessary tools and stuff if you use the bike for offroad roaming.

I guess the reason the right-side throttle is such a big deal to me is every power bike I have ever ridden had a right-hand throttle.... whether it was twist grip or trigger push. It really shouldn't be an issue. It's just a matter of what I have been accustomed to.

The shifter looks like it'd work flipped on left side. Mine is similiar, throttle and controller thumbpad on right. For me works great, my m/b also shifts on left, I ride them both the same way since m/b don't need clutch to shift.

Course, a hub, ya ain't shifting too much.
I might grow to like that.

Attachments

• 20221018_170523.jpg
    20221018_170523.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 71
I was looking at the photos of the bars to see if the throttle could be moved to the right side. Without being able to actually try you can't tell from the photos if the cable(s) would have the length to reroute.

Thanks for the video.

Now I'm gonna have to take a much closer look. That bike has all the stuff I find appealing....starting with those big fat tires and both wheel suspension.

This KKBike is quite similar to the RadRover bike Wrench rides. Wrench's bike has the rack and saddle bags for carrying stuff. If you venture off to desolate areas those bags are necessary to carry the tools to repair flats and extra stuff like a spare battery.
I prefer the look of the KKBike but the RadRover is actually way more practical with the ability to carry necessary tools and stuff if you use the bike for offroad roaming.

I guess the reason the right-side throttle is such a big deal to me is every power bike I have ever ridden had a right-hand throttle.... whether it was twist grip or trigger push. It really shouldn't be an issue. It's just a matter of what I have been accustomed to.
The rack is by Rad but many racks will fit these Fat Tire E Bike Frames. I'm sure there's a rear rack to fit that KK26s
The bags were on my Electra beach cruiser pedal bicycle They were a perfect color and fit for Rover
Yeah I carry tools, extra tube, patch kit, air pump, cable lock and an extra battery for double the range.
2 batteries is the only way to ride if ya don't want to PAS all the time.

More and more E Bikes are coming with specialized battery shapes that only fit in their frames
Their doing this to force the buyer to buy their batteries in the future because that's the only battery that will fit in their frames.
Rad Power Bikes did this to the Rover 6 it has an in/frame battery

The Rover 5 has a battery tray that mounts on the frame
So by switching battery trays many aftermarket batteries Dolphin, Shark etc can be used Or just slap on a 52v strap on battey bag
Your not locked into just using the battery Rad offers, Or just ditch the battery tray and slap on a 52v strap on battery bag.
But I'm sure modifications can be made to any fat tire E bike to use any aftermarket battery

Back