Internal geared hub questions

Local time
5:20 AM
So I've got some advice and done some research. Internal geared hubs are definitely something I want to delve into in the future. I think I'd go with the Shimano Nexus 3 speed hub, and have a bike shop build the wheel with 12g spokes and a steel rim. Some people have used this particular hub on E bikes and claim it can handle 15 hp, although I'm taking that with a grain of salt. For this future build I will probably build the bike from the frame up with top quality parts. Maybe a minarelli with a belly pipe and authentic VM22? What are some thoughts from anyone who has experience with these or anyone who has any input? I've heard @Sidewinder Jerry knows some stuff on this and I'd love your input. How are these set up? Total cost all said and done? So many questions as this is unfamiliar territory for me but is very exciting. I'd appreciate any and all input!

So I've got some advice and done some research. Internal geared hubs are definitely something I want to delve into in the future. I think I'd go with the Shimano Nexus 3 speed hub, and have a bike shop build the wheel with 12g spokes and a steel rim. Some people have used this particular hub on E bikes and claim it can handle 15 hp, although I'm taking that with a grain of salt. For this future build I will probably build the bike from the frame up with top quality parts. Maybe a minarelli with a belly pipe and authentic VM22? What are some thoughts from anyone who has experience with these or anyone who has any input? I've heard @Sidewinder Jerry knows some stuff on this and I'd love your input. How are these set up? Total cost all said and done? So many questions as this is unfamiliar territory for me but is very exciting. I'd appreciate any and all input!
Currently in the hospital recovering from lower back surgery

I have seen schwinn repo cruisers from 1995-2000 + year that have the Nexus 7 installed. Passed on a Ladies bike last week for $125.... nice balloon tires and rims with Nexus.... don't think the spokes were 12g though...

I got 2 Electra super deluxe beach cruisers Mens and Women with Nexus 3 speed rear hubs
Bought them in 2008 for $650 each Their still like new I keep em covered and hanging in the garage ,
These bikes are perfect for a E front wheel conversion
Be old skool and just ride them as intended, Beautiful bikes
For Sale $1k takes the set
DSCF7738.JPG
DSCF7739.JPG
DSCF7746.JPG

Yeah that's my Rad Rover Fat Tire E Bike hanging in the middle
DSCF7749.JPG

For Sale $1k takes the set
Don't forget shipping and handling fees as well as the obligatory graft and corruption fees to go along with that...lol...lol.

It's amazing the things that you can find that "fall off" the back of trucks these days...lol...lol.

Back