Inline fuel filters

I had a kit one which I try to push line on it the nipple push in then leaked . So I bought one lawnmower ones from auto part store it leaked too. That’s why I’m wondering.

I stopped using element filters Paper or foam. Pieces of fiber were getting in my carb
I also removed the tank petcock filter the first time I had to clean it. I hate surprises of a fuel flow problem.

I use a Pancake filter I buy them 10 for $10 on E bay - free shipping too
It's see thru with a fine screen. It also can be cleaned by spraying carb cleaner thru it
I change my filter about once a year, instead of cleaning it. It's only $1 a filter

These are Quality and inexpensive they work fine. I've been using a pancake filter for over 10 years (y)
Never looked on eBay those look better . I been using amazon. I need to browse out of amazon a little. Thanks

The ones I posted are usually the cheapest on amazon if you buy in quantities of 3 or more.

It seems I’ve been having bad luck with junk filter , this year. Between dirt in jets or leaking filter. I had a brand new speed carburetor which I open up before installing. Start it up ran great rode it about 20 mins shut it down . Next morning wouldn’t start now there 3 filters speed carburetor has one inline one and tank . The jet was clogged. Go figure.

It seems I’ve been having bad luck with junk filter , this year. Between dirt in jets or leaking filter. I had a brand new speed carburetor which I open up before installing. Start it up ran great rode it about 20 mins shut it down . Next morning wouldn’t start now there 3 filters speed carburetor has one inline one and tank . The jet was clogged. Go figure.
Oh my fuel container has one too.

Where you get the 10 pk at ? Thanks
20 pack, can't attest to the quality though

This is what I usually get.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Never looked on eBay those look better . I been using amazon. I need to browse out of amazon a little. Thanks
Pancake filters are pretty much all the same. I bought the best deal I found in a see thru Pancake filter.

One reason I wanted a pancake filter, besides it being see thru and having a screen is that it's the smallest (shortest) of the filters available
I didn't have much room and wanted the filter to sit close to level, besides thats the best spot where it's out of the way. I also wanted the hose to be a certain length to stay short and out of the way but still allow me to use the choke lever easily. So a Pancake filter fit perfect for me.
DSCF2728.JPG

Back