Inline fuel filters

wan37

Local time
12:49 AM
Which one does everybody use? I hate them cheap junk one, but others are pricey. I’m looking for one in the middle not pricey or cheapy

The screen on the petcock is really fine. You may choose to forego the inline filter all together. I have been running mine without an inline filter without issue. I did make sure the tank was clean, and removed some paint from around the filler cap. Excess paint bubbles and flakes off when in contact with fuel. Also, keep your fuel supply clean. I used an anodized aluminum filter for a while, but it would start to leak at the threads where it separated for cleaning. I couldn't keep the vibrations from loosening it up. Looked nice, but was a nuisance (and ultimately unnecessary).

Heres what I run for fuel filters, there honda approved, there about $2.50-$3.00 each if bought in packs of 3 or greater. There nice filters & show flow direction. I dont trust the tank screens because I've had them come loose.
20211017_210924.jpg

Which one does everybody use? I hate them cheap junk one, but others are pricey. I’m looking for one in the middle not pricey or cheapy

I stopped using element filters Paper or foam. Pieces of fiber were getting in my carb
I also removed the tank petcock filter the first time I had to clean it. I hate surprises of a fuel flow problem.

I use a Pancake filter I buy them 10 for $10 on E bay - free shipping too
It's see thru with a fine screen. It also can be cleaned by spraying carb cleaner thru it
I change my filter about once a year, instead of cleaning it. It's only $1 a filter

These are Quality and inexpensive they work fine. I've been using a pancake filter for over 10 years (y)

Attachments

• DSCF2728.JPG
    DSCF2728.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCF2738.JPG
    DSCF2738.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCF2739.JPG
    DSCF2739.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCF2742.JPG
    DSCF2742.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 58
Yeah I was looking at them, I ran the cheap one that comes in the bike kit for a while. Then it started leaking at the seam.

Back