Help! Will this break anything?

You already cut it. What's a couple more inches?
As everyone has mentioned you kind of killed it as it stands. All is not lost if you fit another piece of pipe and get someone to weld it in. Going to be a bit tricky with the motor sticking up so high.

Maybe buy a box of beer for someone at your friendly muffler shop and they could bend a pipe to go over the motor and weld it in for you.
Might take a couple boxes of beer. One last thing, if the frame is steel you may be ok but if it is aluminum call it done.

You already cut it. What's a couple more inches?
As everyone has mentioned you kind of killed it as it stands. All is not lost if you fit another piece of pipe and get someone to weld it in. Going to be a bit tricky with the motor sticking up so high.

Maybe buy a box of beer for someone at your friendly muffler shop and they could bend a pipe to go over the motor and weld it in for you.
Might take a couple boxes of beer. One last thing, if the frame is steel you may be ok but if it is aluminum call it done.
Its steel don't worry, but man you gave me good laugh with the "couple boxes of beer". I'll take it into consideration 👍

Its steel don't worry, 👍
Just because it's steel don't mean you can take away from it's structural stability
Bottom tube is gonna crack at the frame neck, or wherever the stress is the greatest

I've cracked frames before and they weren't butchered like yours

A crack in a steel frame is a warning to get the frame repaired and not catastrophic
You should be concerned that a crack in your butchered frame will be catastrophic with no warning

I'm not worried, your still gonna wreck that bike too :ROFLMAO: jkn
Imo, wrecking your bike is inevitable. It's usually something small, especially if you ride correctly. My dumb @$$ ran my bike into a gate because I was paying attention to everything else and I didn't have my headlight on. It was a truly dumb scenario that was avoidable, but I was running late and in a hurry. I learned alot that day lol.

Cut another inch off the top tube. Then get a ½" tube bender and curve 2 pieces of steel tubing. Weld the 2 curved pieces of tubing to the partial top tube and the seat tube. The top of the engine will stick up in between the 2 new top tubes you welded in.

Make a rear rack to mount the gas tank.

Last of all it looks like you're going to need a wide arm crank set in order to clear the exhaust.

Back