Help! Will this break anything?

Rxyx

Local time
11:18 PM
The top of my engine head is making contact with my bike but will it mess anything up with the electrical components? Here's a photo.

Attachments

• 17051096680786639811466716330387.jpg
    17051096680786639811466716330387.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 84
The top of my engine head is making contact with my bike but will it mess anything up with the electrical components? Here's a photo.
Can we see a more expanded view with another set of pics.

I would like to see exactly what you did building this to be in this position...I think you may have a little more to worry about then just your electrical, things like stability and avoiding a death wobble comes to mind if you cut your frame like I think you did.

Can we see a more expanded view with another set of pics.

I would like to see exactly what you did building this to be in this position...I think you may have a little more to worry about then just your electrical, things like stability and avoiding a death wobble comes to mind if you cut your frame like I think you did.
Here's the whole bike, still working on it.

Attachments

• 17051105028456854137245667897422.jpg
    17051105028456854137245667897422.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 81
Here's the whole bike, still working on it.
I think you probably ruined any stability that bike would have had as it is obvious that frame does not have enough room to even accomodate one of our motors properly...You chose the wrong bike for the job you intended it for.

Just like in house building, you have walls that are also supporting the structure, you can't remove that load bearing wall without causing structural damage to the house...It is the same with that bike, that tube you cut was part of the main support of the bike itself and will fail under motorised power rather quickly and you will get seriously hurt.

I am going to let others chime in on this since many are welders and many here can quote you chapter and verse what happens when you screw up the basic geometry of the bike frame like this.

I think you probably ruined any stability that bike would have had as it is obvious that frame does not have enough room to even accomodate one of our motors properly...You chose the wrong bike for the job you intended it for.

Just like in house building, you have walls that are also supporting the structure, you can't remove that wall without causeing structural damage to the house...It is the same with that bike, that tube you cut was part of the main support of the bike itself and will fail under motorised power rather quickly and you will get seriously hurt.

I am going to let others chime in on this since many are welders and many here can quote you chapter and verse what happens when you screw up the basic geometry of the bike frame like this
Ah Thanks đź‘Ť could you suggest any other bikes that would work with the kit?

Pretty much any decent beach cruiser style bike...I use the Hyper beach cruiser myself And only use the frame, handlebars, pedals, and the seat unless you want a wider one like I did...lol.

1705111801531.png

Here is what mine turned out to be when I was done with it.

DSCN0229.JPG

Here is the "tutorial" I wrote describing exactly how I did it.

Back