Safety Helmet camera

I would love a 360 camera, but I just can't afford one. I think I'll go with a used gopro to start
From all reviews I've seen is that even older gopro hero 8's have better stabilization, audio, and colour than all the cheap sub $200 ones. I ended up finding a good deal on one that has 4k 60fps with stabilization and comes with an external mic for under $100CAD so I upgraded from my first idea of cheaping out to cheaping out a little less 🤣 realized stabilization might be important if I ride on any bumpy roads. I'll try making some videos when I get a chance. I have some great places to ride in my area

From all reviews I've seen is that even older gopro hero 8's have better stabilization, audio, and colour than all the cheap sub $200 ones. I ended up finding a good deal on one that has 4k 60fps with stabilization and comes with an external mic for under $100CAD so I upgraded from my first idea of cheaping out to cheaping out a little less 🤣 realized stabilization might be important if I ride on any bumpy roads. I'll try making some videos when I get a chance. I have some great places to ride in my area
I've been looking at used gopro cameras. I might go with a used one.

And if you get run over you can use the footage in court. Bonus. Lol.
The majority of vehicle vs bicycle collisions where the vehicle is at fault are side swipes. These generally happen due to the cyclist riding to the far right in a lane that isn't wide enough for Lane Sharing (not to be confused with Lane Splitting; they're 2 totally different practices).

Using Lane Contol a vehicle will change lanes to pass you; just like they'd do with any other slow moving vehicle. When one rides to the far right in standard lanes (11' wide) it causes most vehicle operators to try a squeeze-by instead of changing lanes to pass.

The main reason I'm saying this is there's the myth that riding to the far right in standard lanes is safer than Lane Contol. In actuality Lane Contol is far safer. Mirrors can help one to overcome the fear of being struck from behind.

Just like riding a M/C
Sure when riding a M/C you can do the speed limit or go faster than the speed limit if you want, but it don't matter if your doing the speed limit. If ya ride next to the shoulder on a M/C some idiot is gonna try and squeeze by you, so lane control is a must

If your M/B don't go fast enough to do the speed limit only practice lane control when it's too dangerous to ride in the bike lane or next to the shoulder on the right, and yes a LH side mirror is a must. RH & LH side mirrors are better.

Just like riding a M/C
Sure when riding a M/C you can do the speed limit or go faster than the speed limit if you want, but it don't matter if your doing the speed limit. If ya ride next to the shoulder on a M/C some idiot is gonna try and squeeze by you, so lane control is a must

If your M/B don't go fast enough to do the speed limit only practice lane control when it's too dangerous to ride in the bike lane or next to the shoulder on the right, and yes a LH side mirror is a must. RH & LH side mirrors are better.
I often tell others: yes I'll ride on wide debris free shoulders; safe designed bike lanes, lower traffic parallel streets, and lower traffic hours.

However, regardless of when and where you ride:

Be aware/alert
Be seen
Be predictable
Communicate

It's my hope we get a video thing going here demonstrating how we operate in both a safe and legal manner. The only thing worse than irresponsible reckless MBing is making videos of then posting it on the public media's

Just like riding a M/C

Luckily the main road in town is almost wide enough to be 2 lanes, so if I need to.ride the shoulder I can. I usually won't unless something is wrong with my bike.

Back