Has Anyone Tried a M.M. Billet Head ??

Yup i'll measure them up in a few .

As far as the morini.

What i mean is they have a centripical clutch and 4.2 : 1 gearing in the engine.
Plus a sprocket on the drive side that takes 415 chain.

Im working on some drawings for the mounting.

There is 1 mount point on the top that can attach to the top tube.
There is 1 mount point on the front of the engine thak can mount to the downtube.
There are 2 mounting points on the rear of the engine that can be attached to the seattube.

Thats a total of 4 mounting points and should be a simple matter of using Channel Iron and Pipe cut in half to fit the bicycle tubes to make good brackets.

Other than that a sprocket adapter or disk mounted sprocket would be perfect.

I don't think i would try a rag joint with the morini.

Also considering the morini comes with the 19mm Dellorto PHBG $500 isn't a bad price.

Seeing how the carb setup cost about $120 and the ht kits are back up to $200 it's about the same as buying 2 kits.

I fryed my last HT after 800 Miles.

I'm sure the morini is as good a quality as any 4 stroke kit.
It should last for thousands of miles.

66/80cc engines.
The hole diameter is .350 inches.
The distance from center to center of the holes is 1.750 inches.

48cc engines

hole diameter is .275 inches
Center to center of each hole is 1.66 inches.

Puch Cylinder kit.
hole diameter is .318
Center to center of each hole is 1.734 inches.

G-Superior, I just measured my 66cc stud spacings, (with a vernier visually aligned with the centre of the studs). 45mm

Attachments

• 66cc Stud Spacing.JPG
    66cc Stud Spacing.JPG
    4.1 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Yup i'll measure them up in a few .

You beat me to that, but there's an 0.55mm discrepancy in our measurements. Probably my bad eyes.

As far as the morini.
What i mean is they have a centripical clutch and 4.2 : 1 gearing in the engine.

4.2:1 is almost the same. A HT has 4.1:1

I don't think i would try a rag joint with the morini.

Nope, neither would I.

Also considering the morini comes with the 19mm Dellorto PHBG $500 isn't a bad price.

A bit better than the 14mm NT carbs.

I'm sure the morini is as good a quality as any 4 stroke kit.
It should last for thousands of miles.

Just the same, what I'd most like is the Honda XR75 motor that I had as a kid, complete with gears, bolted into a bicycle frame.
Bottom-end, reliability and a reasonable amount of power, plus gears. Heaven in an MB.
Still, I'd settle for a Morini.

found one head that nearly fits:D
suzuki lt50 head. Is 44mm from bolt to bolt(measuring from center of the bolts) nearly like a HT but the bolts are 6mm
it was dark so i could not find anything(all the lights ae blow and its 11 pm over here now, will have a better look around tomorow(and get some new lights:rolleyes:)

G-Superior:D

The Suzuki LT80 connecting rod has the exact same centre to centre dimensions as the standard Happy Time style engine, although it's slightly wider and needs to be machined down in width, but that's not a problem.
From memory i forget the I.D dimensions but i made a post a long time ago about this modification.

Never know, the Suzuki LT80 cylinder may very well fit on the Happy Time case, and that means you could run a complete LT80 top end and piston.

Possibilities, possibilities

Fabian

I dont know muuch about lt80 Fabian but me and lots of my friends have suzukis lt50
Right now i have 2 being rebored to 0.50 and another one getting ported
The kids love how fast and powerful I make then:bowdown: (Its not even hard to get it going fast:devilish:)
i have a few spare rods and cranks laying around will measure it and compare it to a 48cc or maybe even the 80cc HT
I believe it will be much stronger than an original chinese one. 8.000 rpm all the long in the quads and they dont give up:D

Back