Has Anyone Tried a M.M. Billet Head ??

Rich i was only giving you a hard time because of you mentioning a plug directly transfers heat. Check the end of the the second page for what i quoted. I presume you are using a high octane fuel. I grasp the the plug getting hotter, again read my quote. I also didn't start out to give anyone a hard time over this. I simply was being a smart a** . Rich then decided to start all this by saying that i should read an article from NGK. Sorry but i get a little peeved when someone tells me that i know nothing. I also get peeved when people do not read what i have typed, or ignore it, or decide to start talking about something waaayy out in left field. Preignition does not only melt pistons. It also blows nice big holes in the top of the piston and can even bend connecting rods. Also don't forget too hot a plug can melt the electrode causing the plug to no longer fire. Very minor thing though. Since we can pedal these things home. One way to get a hotter spark is get a higher voltage coil. Unless someone knows of a plug that contains a step-up transformer.

so that puch high compression head is on your pk80? if so it bolted right onto the cylinder without modding anything? i found a moped site thats gotem for 20 bucks

A good find, G-Superior. That $30 'hi hi compression' head looks like the go. Comes in a 50cc and 70cc size, too.

I don't personally need one, but a lot of others would be interested.
(I have an RSE billet hi-comp head.)

Yes i have been running the 70cc hi hi compression head on my PK for a couple of months.

http://www.treatland.tv/puch-moped-70cc-hi-compression-head-p/puch-hi-comp-head-70cc-maxi.htm

The bolt pattern is allmost dead on but the studs on the puch are 7mm.

You only need to open the holes up slightly and it fits right on the PK or a Grubee GT-5.

This head has a slightly over 5cc combustion chamber which yeilds super high compression.

I took a rubber superball and some sandpaper and made the combustion chamber slightly bigger. There's a thread on Moped Army about K-Star Cylinder Kits. It tells the exact measurments to take the head too.

I have a Manic Mechanic Billet Head and i like the looks but it wasn't a top performer for me. I have 2 of the Puch heads and i perfer them. The fins are much bikker so you will need a little more room. I can post measurements if you guys need them.

Also the Puch Cylinder Kits are fittable to the HT engines.
The pistons and such come with the kit.
The Wristpin is 12mm not 10mm so you will need the Puch Needle Bearing and will have to ream the con rod to 15mm. It is 14 mm now so it's not alot of stock.
Or you could get the brass bushing for puch.

! guy put out allmost 8HP with one of these kits on a chineese bottom end.
I havent figured out the best thing to do with the crank yet and it becomes the weakest link with a kit like that.

I have this one and soon as i get the cash to buy the reed valve I'll be building it.

http://www.treatland.tv/puch-70cc-reed-valve-kit-especiale-p/puch-reed-kit-especiale.htm
The cylinder is NIKISIL Lined.

You will also need the reed valve for the intake.
And you will need to make an exhaust header pipe.

Not as easy as an upgrade but with some effort it can be done.

Personally after i build the hybred i think im goin with Morini.

A Morini Engine is going to be far better than any Happy Time Engine.
They cost about $500 but you dont need any kind of drive.
The Gear ratio is close to the HT so it will be bolt up slap the chain on and go.

The bolt pattern is allmost dead on but the studs on the puch are 7mm.
You only need to open the holes up slightly and it fits right on the PK or a Grubee GT-5.

Rich, I think that some HT engines still use 6mm cylinder studs. In those cases, the Puch head would probably go straight on with no drilling.

Also the Puch Cylinder Kits are fittable to the HT engines.
The pistons and such come with the kit.
The Wristpin is 12mm not 10mm so you will need the Puch Needle Bearing and will have to ream the con rod to 15mm. It is 14 mm now so it's not alot of stock.
Or you could get the brass bushing for puch.
1 guy put out allmost 8HP with one of these kits on a chinese bottom end.

I was wondering about this.

A Morini Engine is going to be far better than any Happy Time Engine.
They cost about $500 but you dont need any kind of drive.
The Gear ratio is close to the HT so it will be bolt up slap the chain on and go.

I like the sound of the Morini engines (and their 8-10hp).
My HT engine kit plus mods owes me $400+, so a Morini doesn't seem too expensive. A Morini plus shift kit would be heaven, if the bike drive-train could handle that much power.
What do you mean by 'you dont need any kind of drive'?

Last edited:
can anyboby give me the mesurements from bolt to bolt in a 66CC HT
i may have some cylinder heads that fit it from different bikes(i have a few yamahas and suzukis 2 stroke heads) that would probably fit better due to the cooling fins being pararel to the bike and to the wind flow

Back