GX35/GX50 Fuel Tank Relocation

Harris_HPE

Local time
10:57 AM
Hi Chaps,

I am current using a GX35 (But probably upgrade to a GX50 in the near future) on my son's Go Kart and the rear wheel runs extremely close to the inside of the rear wheel. Has anybody got any experience with removing the original fuel tank and fitting one elsewhere?

A lot of guys in the UK are doing exactly that with the bigger GX160/200 and use a pulse pump but they run a more conventional bowl type carb. I wasn't sure if the same thing can be done with the GX35/50.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

You can use a diaphragm carb for a gx35, also need an adapter if motor has a bowl carb.

1700589963235.png

You can use a diaphragm carb for a gx35, also need an adapter if motor has a bowl carb.

View attachment 203556
Not sure what I have, it’s the standard GX35 carb with the rubber prime/plunger on the bottom of it

GX 35 has the diaphragm carb already. Just need a tank and fuel lines. 50cc GX same. 49cc GXH50/142f/152f have gravity fed carbs and if changing to a diaphragm carb that adapter is needed.

GX 35 has the diaphragm carb already. Just need a tank and fuel lines. 50cc GX same. 49cc GXH50/142f/152f have gravity fed carbs and if changing to a diaphragm carb that adapter is needed.
Another thought, there is 2 fuel lines onto the carb. 1 is the feed, what is the other 1 for? I know where you use the priming plunger/bowl it seems to return excess fuel to the tank. Will I still need to use it if I use a remote tank?

Diaphragm carbs have a return line and a supply line. The bulb on them when pressured gets all the air out of the lines after sitting for awhile.
so I testing it from a remote tank that was maybe 4ft below the engine and it works a treat

In fact, the return only seems to operate when you use the plunger (I think this is what you said/meant anyway)

Based on the above, I may just run the return into a small catch tank that is already mounted next to the engine if the only time I’m going to see fuel is when I use the plunger to draw it through. Do you see any issue with this?

Back