Clutch Grinding and knocking sounds

Mickey112233

Local time
5:46 AM
The clutch on my 66cc has started to bind up when in motion and as revs increase,also has a grinding/knocking sound which rises and lowers as the engine rpms do the same. This engine has 68 miles total and is still in break in mode

The clutch on my 66cc has started to bind up when in motion and as revs increase,also has a grinding/knocking sound which rises and lowers as the engine rpms do the same. This engine has 68 miles total and is still in break in mode
The first thing you really need to do is to tell us how you remedied your previous problems that you opened two different thread for, got replies to, and never posted to say you solved the problems or not as they can all be related to this...This is where you need to start before you will get any meaningful suggestions to help you solve your problems with help from out volunteer forum members.

I apoligize to all the members of the community as I am a total newbie to the correct use of not only forums but chats etc, I type with one finger and am just now self learning the ins and outs of internet use so please forgive me. My first build ended with a overheated engine, scored the piston ,cylinder walls and siezed up riding at 30mph did not fall over but did a far amount of "drifting". I rebuilt the top end, piston ,rings cylinder,cylinder head etc ran fine for 62 miles then developed clutch problems, I am in the process of a bottom end rebuild, I am saving up to purchase a Phantom 85 which I have heard is a more reliable engine vs these 80$ knock off engines, my lack of knowledge with the engines [2-strokes] contributed to the failures also, hopefully the learning curve is not too steep or expensive. I thank all of You and hope to be a helpful and fun member

Back