Fuel Filter on 49cc

Nikoliki

Local time
12:43 AM
Any issue with using a gravity fed fuel filter like this one that is 150 microns?
From what I understand, anything under 100 microns is meant for systems with fuel pumps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240329_000156_AutoZone.jpg
    Screenshot_20240329_000156_AutoZone.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 25
Any issue with using a gravity fed fuel filter like this one that is 150 microns?
From what I understand, anything under 100 microns is meant for systems with fuel pumps.
Yep, I use pancake filters with a fine wire mesh screen, but I like the clear so I can see when dirt gets on the screen
Pancake filters can be cleaned too, just spray carb cleaner thru it the apposite way the fuel flows
I put on a new pancake filter about every two years or sooner if required, I got 10 pancake filters for $10
It's also a good idea to use Tygon 3/16 fuel line.

DSCF2738.JPGDSCF2739.JPGDSCF2742.JPG
DSCF2728.JPG

Yep, I use pancake filters with a fine wire mesh screen, but I like the clear so I can see when dirt gets on the screen
Pancake filters can be cleaned too, just spray carb cleaner thru it the apposite way the fuel flows
I put on a new pancake filter about every two years or sooner if required, I got 10 pancake filters for $10
It's also a good idea to use Tygon 3/16 fuel line.

I did go with the red filter just because of color, I know how dumb that sounds, and it came in a 10 pack for cheap. But I did already have some Tygon fuel line on order. That came in today. What a difference in quality the line even feels when installing.

That's good to know these filters are so easy to clean and don't have to be trashed every time!

I did go with the red filter just because of color, I know how dumb that sounds, and it came in a 10 pack for cheap. But I did already have some Tygon fuel line on order. That came in today. What a difference in quality the line even feels when installing.

That's good to know these filters are so easy to clean and don't have to be trashed every time!
Nothing wrong with the color red, just because it's not see thru don't mean it's not a good filter
Since ya got 10 red filters, don't even try and clean it, Ya can't see inside anyways,
Just put a new filter on every year. That's why ya got 10 filters Right!
But if ya only had one filter It's OK to clean it until ya get a new one
Yeah, Tygon fuel line is the best

Yep, Pancake filters 10 for $10 change it ever year or 2 years if ya don't ride much

If ya forgot when the filter was last changed, the clear Pancake filter will get cloudy after a about 2 years
If it's no longer see thru ya know it's old and time to change the filter

But it's easy to keep a maintenance log

Note: I bought my batch of 10 pancake filters 5 years ago so today in this economy 10 pancake filters is probably $15 or $20 :ROFLMAO:

Yep, Pancake filters 10 for $10 change it ever year or 2 years if ya don't ride much

If ya forgot when the filter was last changed, the clear Pancake filter will get cloudy after a about 2 years
If it's no longer see thru ya know it's old and time to change the filter

But it's easy to keep a maintenance log
I will sharpie the month and year I put a filter on most of my small engines. The filter element itself can sometimes degrade with age/time and become the problem. 2 years is a good time frame for replacement regardless of miles ridden just because, as you mentioned, the plastic starts to degrade.

I will sharpie the month and year I put a filter on most of my small engines. The filter element itself can sometimes degrade with age/time and become the problem. 2 years is a good time frame for replacement regardless of miles ridden just because, as you mentioned, the plastic starts to degrade.
That's what I like about the Pancake filter it's just got a fine metal screen

Back